cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacing C170 on a cluster with a different model

marsam211
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. I have a customer that will be replacing their C170 with C195. The C170 is currently on a cluster with a C190. Just want to check if my steps below is the proper or best way to do the replacement.

1. Suspend C190, wait for queues to clear then upgrade to AsyncOS version C195 will be using

2. Once C190 upgrade is complete, suspend C170, wait for queues to clear then disconnect cable on data interface

3. Unsuspend C190

3. Configure C195 with network configuration and hostname of C170 then connect data interface to network

4. Configure C195 to join existing cluster (with C190)

Is this procedure correct? I thought about doing backup and restore but that will be a trial and error when doing the restore part.

1 Reply 1

I think this is what I'd do

1.Eject C170 from the cluster. It will keep its config so it should continue running fine. Leave the C190 in the cluster.

2. Suspend C190, wait for queues to clear then upgrade to AsyncOS version C195 will be using. This will "disconnect" the 190 from the cluster.

3. Once C190 upgrade is complete, unsuspend C190. Reconnect it to the cluster.

4. Suspend C170, wait for queues to clear then disconnect cable on all interfaces.

5. Configure C195 with network configuration and hostname of C170 then connect data interface to network

6. Configure C195 to join existing cluster (with C190)
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: