Views
Helpful
Replies

Reporting on C100V

jason.hopp1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am fairly new to the Ironports and I have a Cisco C100V Email Security Virtual Appliance.  We have actually deployed four in our environment and they are clustered together.  What I am looking for is a way to combine the reports for incoming or outgoing mail.  Currently, we receive an incoming and outgoing mail report from each appliance, for a total of eight reports.

Is there a way to combine the numbers of each appliance into one report, or at least one for incoming and one for outgoing?

thanks,

Jason Hopp

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Raed Boshmaf
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Jason, If possible get a Content Security Management Appliance (SMA) image / license and use the centralized reporting function of the Cisco Content Security Management Appliance you will have the following centralized options:

1. Message tracking

2. Web tracking - in case you have WSAs in your network

3. Reporting 

4. Spam Quarantine

5.  Policy, Virus and Outbreak Quarantines

For more information regarding Content Security Management Appliance (SMA) check this and the Centralized Reporting from the ESA user guide 

Regards

Raed

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Raed Boshmaf
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Jason, If possible get a Content Security Management Appliance (SMA) image / license and use the centralized reporting function of the Cisco Content Security Management Appliance you will have the following centralized options:

1. Message tracking

2. Web tracking - in case you have WSAs in your network

3. Reporting 

4. Spam Quarantine

5.  Policy, Virus and Outbreak Quarantines

For more information regarding Content Security Management Appliance (SMA) check this and the Centralized Reporting from the ESA user guide 

Regards

Raed

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately, spending money is not an option right now.  I was hoping there might be another way to accomplish this.

Thanks

Jason

If you don't actually need four right now (because they are resilient, or diverse, or for future capacity?) then one solution is to point all your MX (incoming mail) at one and route all of your outbound mail through another.

If you leave a less-preferred MX pointing at one of the others, spammy will try it just to see if it's weaker or less well-watched than the primary.

Hello that such, sorry know you as do a upgrade C100 I have the version 8.5.6 I want to pass it to the 9.1.2 is a that virtual

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: