cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SecondaryConfig

jtsai8585
Level 1
Level 1

I am renaming and re-ip my DR ESA and SMA.

Where is the secondary config section in the XML for ESA and SMA?

I'm trying to figure out what I need to do after change the DR ESA's name and IP address.  Whether SMA is pulling the data by IP or Name and how to change it.  It is pulling from 2 ESA from Primary site and 1 ESA from Secondary site.

5 Replies 5

Libin Varghese
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Secondary config being a hidden command may not appear in the configuration file at all, and from what I've read is no longer supported either. It is recommended you switch from secondaryconfig to using SMA to centralize tracking, quarantine and reporting from the ESA.

Backupconfig can also be used for backing up data from SMA to SMA. 

As for the change in IP address all changes would be limited to the options you see under command secondaryconfig. 

Regards 

Libin Varghese 

I do understand it's hidden command.

Just like to know what needs to be done.  

Hey Jonathan,
*Just a reminder note: this command is no longer supported, but the below is for your information should you go forward:

On the SMA; you'll see under <smad> tags:
<smad_redundant_aggregation_enabled>1</smad_redundant_aggregation_enabled>
<smad_secondary_directories>
secondary
</smad_secondary_directories>

on the ESA; secondary information is not visible on the XML file; it is likely stored into the backend - so on your ESA you need to run secondaryconfig to see what is the name of the directory.

On your SMA XML for the secondary directory, it must be the same else your SMA will be pulling from the primary directory.

Regards,
Matthew

Thank you for the response.

On the SMA, can I change the the IP and Hostname of the ESA I will be renaming and changing IP ?  or i need to disable/re-enable it?

I see following in the SMA XML.  Directory Name is secondary.

<smad_ip>192.168.1.50</smad_ip>
<smad_description>ESA01</smad_description>

Hey Jonathan,

If you change just the IP and hostname of an existing ESA; theoretically it should work but I suspect you may encounter a host key error as the stored hostkey will be linked to a specific IP.

So before or after doing so, please ensure that you have removed the IP linked hostkey info off the SMA, CLI > logconfig > hostkeyconfig

Regards,
Matthew