Views
Helpful
Replies

SMA cannot realase quarantined mails

quentinperceval
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everybody,

Hi configured my ESA C370 (v8.0.1) to centralize all its quarantines to my SMA M670 (v8.1.1). This works well.

But when I connect to the SMA and release a quarantined mail, the mail never leave the SMA.

I got the following lines on my SMA mail_logs :

Thu Jan  9 18:13:36 2014 Info: MID 12 released from quarantine "Virus" (manual) t=362

Thu Jan  9 18:13:36 2014 Info: MID 12 released from all quarantines

Thu Jan  9 18:13:36 2014 Info: MID 12 queued for delivery

Thu Jan  9 18:13:36 2014 Critical: An application fault occurred: ('egg/command_client.py send_message|525', "<class 'Commandment.NotConnectedError'>", 'hostname: Not connected.', '[egg/smtp_client.py run|852] [egg/smtp_client.py _run|899] [egg/smtp_client.py _connect|1031] [egg/omh.py get_mx_ip_list|1523] [egg/quarantine_smtp.py get_prioritized_ip_list|699] [egg/quarantine_smtp.py as_mx_response|636] [egg/quarantine_smtp.py get_cpq_host|670] [egg/sma_communicator.py get_cpq_release_interface|42] [egg/sma_communicator.py get_esa_data|82] [egg/command_client.py call|237] [egg/command_client.py send_message|525]')

Could you help me ?

I tryed with two different ESA and with mail in quarantine Policy and Virus.

Best Regards,

Quentin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a seen defect in the OS:

CSCug22127 - App faults seen in PVO page when ESA not available/PVO disabled

From the SMA - you may need to 'deleterecipients' - if you had a stale/old message in queue, and then upgraded to 8.0.1 or newer, this message will not process through correctly - and has to be removed.  In the past, I have seen two/three emails of this nature --- once the queue is cleared of the messages, and then 'delivernow' issued - this cleared that app fault from occurring.

Hope this helps!

-Robert

(*If you have received the answer to your original question, and found this helpful/correct - please mark the question as answered, and be sure to leave a rating to reflect!)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a seen defect in the OS:

CSCug22127 - App faults seen in PVO page when ESA not available/PVO disabled

From the SMA - you may need to 'deleterecipients' - if you had a stale/old message in queue, and then upgraded to 8.0.1 or newer, this message will not process through correctly - and has to be removed.  In the past, I have seen two/three emails of this nature --- once the queue is cleared of the messages, and then 'delivernow' issued - this cleared that app fault from occurring.

Hope this helps!

-Robert

(*If you have received the answer to your original question, and found this helpful/correct - please mark the question as answered, and be sure to leave a rating to reflect!)

Thank you for your answer !

I already was in AsyncOS 8.1.1 on SMA, so I did 'deleterecipients' and reboot the appliance, and now everything is fine.

Awesome!  I came across this exact scenario just the other week.  Glad it helped!

-Robert

Hi Robert,

Would this solution apply to a c370 running Async 7.6.3?  I have the same issue of quarantined email following data migration ...

Thanks,

Chris

Received a similar app fault?  You can 'grep' the mail_logs, and see if/when/quantity of app faults to see.  It would be entirely possible - I have only come across this a few times recently.  If the emails are in quarantine, and deemed "ok" to remove w/o issue - then try 'deleterecipients'.

I only see the one current open defect, and currently is only listed against 8.1.1 - which is SMA only.