Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SMA Upgrade

Dear Gentlemen,

I have the two appliances  for the SMA ASYNC 7.9.1 M 170 and quantity of two ESA ASYNC 8.5.6. 

I have two questions as in the following : 

1- Since I found no compatibility between the ESA 8.5.6 and the SMA 7.9.1, Can I do upgrade the SMA to 9.x ? But in the support of cisco I didn't find the downloads for the physical appliance IOS, I have found only for the virtual appliance (Cisco Content Security Management Virtual Appliance M000V), Is it applicable to install the 9.x version in the physical appliance and will it be compatabile to the ESA 8.5.6 ? 

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/security/security_management/sma/sma_all/SMA-ESA-WSA_Compatibility.pdf

2- Is there any way to a clustering between two SMA M-170 or such to utalize them in HA mode. 

Thanks in advance 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

You upgrade it via the appliance.  Go to System Administration/System Upgrade.

You can't run the SMA in HA mode, but you can use one to back up the other.   This is covered in the documentation...

View solution in original post

From the appliance is the only way to upgtade. You will probably have to do several upgrade steps to get to 9, you can't just jump to it.

I'm not where I can dig up docs, but it's all in Cisco's site on the support page for the "Content Security Management Appliance"

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

You upgrade it via the appliance.  Go to System Administration/System Upgrade.

You can't run the SMA in HA mode, but you can use one to back up the other.   This is covered in the documentation...

Thank you Ken,  

My question is from where can I take the IOS of 9 , Since if you tried  checking the IOS downloads for the physical appliance M170, you will not find it.However, you can find the IOS for the virtual appliance for the SMA , So is it possible to upgrade the current  physical appliance ( 7.9.1) with the IOS of the virtual one existing in cisco website, Or there is another way to find the iOS for newer releases other than 7.9.1 in Cisco for physical appliance ( M170). So it will be compatible to the ESA 8.5.6 ..

Secondly, could you forward this documentation link for the couple of SMA physical appliances in back up scenario..

Thanks so much..

From the appliance is the only way to upgtade. You will probably have to do several upgrade steps to get to 9, you can't just jump to it.

I'm not where I can dig up docs, but it's all in Cisco's site on the support page for the "Content Security Management Appliance"

Okay, Thanks I got it ..