cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Specific Emails send over specific interface (cluster) possible?

cyberurmel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

we have a cluster with 2 machines . Each of them have an own outgoing if . My Question is - is it possible to sent out specific mails to Domains e.g. all to @cisco.com  via the secondary machine outgoing interface?

I could not find that as i am surely possible to make an outgoing Policy … but if i want to define the filter for that i am not anymore on cluster mode . And from the first machine i do not want to send out from outgoing if to cisco.com .

can you explain me please how to solve that?

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Philippe Boeij
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I wouldn't recommend this but here we go.

I'd create a message filter on node1 (clusterconfig switch to node1) to redirect all messages to cisco.com to node2 (alt-dsthost).

Node2 will deliver tese messages like all others.

Or create a specific SMTP route on node1 (override cluster settings) to redirect cisco.com to relayinterface of node2.

Regards,

Philippe

View solution in original post

Hey Cyberurmel,

I agree with Philippe, i wouldn't recommend this setup as it could get messy with manipulation.
Philippe's workaround will work where you're re-routing any emails that hits node1 into node2 for final delivery.

But as you also shared you need ensure you use a interface as well.

So adding to Philippe's workaround, you will need to create (on ESA2 and it also needs to be a machine override of cluster as to not impact ESA1) altsrchost command -> cisco.com -> use the specific interface you choose.

So ESA1 -> sees @cisco.com as recipient -> Sends it to ESA2 -> ESA2 looks at altsrchost and ensures deliveries are done using specific interface.

Lastly, on ESA2 you need to make sure you create a rule where if the emails are coming in from ESA1 (to ESA2) to skip the scanning as to not double scan.

Regards,
Mathew

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Philippe Boeij
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I wouldn't recommend this but here we go.

I'd create a message filter on node1 (clusterconfig switch to node1) to redirect all messages to cisco.com to node2 (alt-dsthost).

Node2 will deliver tese messages like all others.

Or create a specific SMTP route on node1 (override cluster settings) to redirect cisco.com to relayinterface of node2.

Regards,

Philippe

Hey Cyberurmel,

I agree with Philippe, i wouldn't recommend this setup as it could get messy with manipulation.
Philippe's workaround will work where you're re-routing any emails that hits node1 into node2 for final delivery.

But as you also shared you need ensure you use a interface as well.

So adding to Philippe's workaround, you will need to create (on ESA2 and it also needs to be a machine override of cluster as to not impact ESA1) altsrchost command -> cisco.com -> use the specific interface you choose.

So ESA1 -> sees @cisco.com as recipient -> Sends it to ESA2 -> ESA2 looks at altsrchost and ensures deliveries are done using specific interface.

Lastly, on ESA2 you need to make sure you create a rule where if the emails are coming in from ESA1 (to ESA2) to skip the scanning as to not double scan.

Regards,
Mathew

Thanks to you guys fpor help,

I see that it is not so easy as expected from me. Also that you not to recommend this – we decided to divide the traffic to cisco.com via the mailserver that is in front of them. Seems to be easier. The problem is only that I am not the admin for that- so if its needful to do this as my question before I will think about the workaround for some hours.

Thanks and regards

Cyb

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: