Views
Helpful
Replies

Split delivery conditions

sysresuem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

According to the documention, the messages are splittered when diffrents policies are matched by multiple recipients: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/email-security-appliance/118488-technote-esa-00.html

I have a case where I send email to two different people wich match the same incoming mail policy and the message is splitted into two messages (Two different MID). I don't understand why.

Are there other conditions (other then mail policies) which generate a split of a message ?

Regards,

Guillaume 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dmccabej
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

A new MID does not necessarily mean a splintered message. To answer your question though, a new MID can also be generated anytime a message is modified. For example, if you have a filter that takes an action of adding a disclaimer. You should be able to see the reason behind the new MID fairly easily within the mail logs or message tracking. 

Thanks!

-Dennis M.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dmccabej
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

A new MID does not necessarily mean a splintered message. To answer your question though, a new MID can also be generated anytime a message is modified. For example, if you have a filter that takes an action of adding a disclaimer. You should be able to see the reason behind the new MID fairly easily within the mail logs or message tracking. 

Thanks!

-Dennis M.

sysresuem
Level 1
Level 1

Ok thanks you for your answer