cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using ESA\SMA WebGUI and various browser issues?

chet.patel
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone run into where, i.e., chrome, doesn't work when accessing the Quarantine page, or ever the WebAdmin GUI?  We seen where the browser prompts for credentials repeatedly or Chrome reports:

Error Response

Error Code 500: Server got itself in trouble: The application raised an exception

Clearing the cache and/or rebooting the PC seems to fix it.

let me know

Chet

8 Replies 8

dmccabej
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Chet,

I run our lab using Chrome exclusively and have never had any browser issues. It almost sounds like it may be something local to that machine.

Can you reproduce this behavior on other PC's? What ASyncOS versions are the ESA and SMA running and what steps are you taking exactly when you see these errors?

Thanks!

-Dennis M.

Libin Varghese
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chet,

I was able to locate a number of internal defects for similar errors.

Could you review the gui_logs for the time the error was generated and see if there was an application fault logged?

Could you also confirm the current version of Async OS on the appliance and confirm if the appliance is sitting behind a F5 load balancer?

Thanks!

Libin V

I didn't bother to look at GUI-Logs, since the workaround seemed easy but annoying.  I'll start piping them to splunk and dig for them next time it occurs.  the applaince (SMA) does not reside behind a F5 (no HA for SMA yet). As for version, we saw it happening on 10.x and 9.x (lastest revs of both)

Chet,

I would certainly recommend opening a TAC case if the issue re-occurs to get this investigated further and based on any errors observed in the logs we may be able to share a fix or easier workaround.

Thanks

Libin V

Finally got a error to post.

When i try the Admin GUI,

I get the following:

Error Response

Error code 500: Server got itself in trouble: The application raised an exception.

via Syslog, it reports

Time: Jan 27 13:43:39
IP: X.X.X.X
Host:
Facility: auth
Priority: alert
Tag: gui_logs
Message: Critical: Error in https connection from host X.X.X.X port 56726 - Illegal key value: https://qualcomm.sc.omtrdc.net/b/ss/qualcomm.us.prod/1/H.27/s01408524509143?AQB

Than followed by:

Message: Info: req:10.38.241.210 user:- id:- 500 GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1 -

Hi Chet,

Based on defects filed for this error in the past it has been confirmed to be an issue with the browser cookies.

Thanks

Libin Varghese

thanks, so we know the issue hasn't been resolved (cookie issue) with the last version, 10.0.1, any ideas if it will be addressed in 11.x?

I do not see any progress on the defect for the last few years indicating it was closed due to lack of sightings or due to it being a browser specific issue.

You can certainly open a TAC case to get the errors you are seeing reviewed.

- Libin