cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

X1050 Configuration File (not joined to cluster)

adam.barker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm about to do a migration from a cluster with X1050's and we are moving to X1070's.  To plan for the migration I need to compare the out-of-cluster X1050 configuration file with the equivalent X1070.

If anyone could kindly remove an X1050 from their cluster or has an old config laying around, it would be most appreciated.

Cheers

Adam

3 Replies 3

Adam,

When you remove a box from a cluster, the config gets "flattened", so it will have the equivalent unclustered config on it... it will continue to move mail, etc.  You could then rejoin it if you want to...

If your 1050s are running the same version of code as your 1070s, you can just join the 1070s to the cluster and they'll get the config for everything except the unique stuff.  Then just move mail flow to the 1070s and remove the 1050s.

Ken

Thanks Ken

In a perfect world this is exactly what I would do, however there is no rackspace available, so we must remove a single appliance and then add a preconfigured X1070 with identical IP address into the cluster.

There will be only subtle differences in the config from an X1050 to X1070 and all I need is the network interface details of a config from an X1050 so I can compare this with an X1070.

Regards

AB

Are the 1050s already up to the same version that the 1070s are?

Move flow to one of the 1050s...

Bust the other one out of the cluster, its config will be flattened... you can use that for comparison...

Or just replace it with a 1070, and have it join the cluster...

Move flow to the 1070, retire the other 1050 and join the second 1070 to the first one...

Don't forget that clustering is really just config replication... Flow, quarantine are all handled by other stuff.

Ken