Views
Helpful
Replies

Clarification on : AMP for Endpoints and AMP for Networks

natchokk@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I joined cisco recently . i would like to know about 

AMP for endpoints used to scan/discover laptops, desktops , server irrespective of OS?

AMP for Networks used to scan/connect devices like Switches, routers , chassis etc ?

whether both called as connectors ? 

AMP for endpoints is similar to Microsoft SCCM?

Can someone please clarify  

5 Replies 5

Matthew Franks
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Nathan,

I suggest you start with the AMP 101 training.

Thanks,

Matt

Thank you Matthew

Troja007
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello natchokk@cisco.com,

AMP for Endpoints is an Endpoint for EPP/EDR/XDR, and part of the Cisco SecureX Architecture. This includes the local protection of the OS and application, the EDR part for Threat Hunting and Investigations and with SecureX the automation/orchestration part. 
As SCCM, from my point of knowledge, is for deployment, you cannot compare them in any way.

Agree with @Matthew Franks, the 101 Training gives you a very good insight into the AMP world. 

Attached two screenshots, just to show some parts of the EPP/EDR/XDR part with AMP for Endpoints. Keep in mind, this is still an overview.

AMP for Endoints Detection Chain1.jpgAMP for Endoints Detection Chain2.jpg

Greetings,

Thorsten

Many thanks Thorsten

Ruben Cocheno
Spotlight
Spotlight

natchokk@cisco.com 

i do agree with @Troja007  and @Matthew Franks , a lot to cover on AMP but also what can you have attached to it as part of the Cisco Security Portfolio.

Tag me to follow up.
Please mark it as Helpful and/or Solution Accepted if that is the case. Thanks for making Engineering easy again.
Connect with me for more on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/rubencocheno/
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: