cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Determining which connector versions requires a reboot.

mandrews
Level 1
Level 1

Good day all!

I just found that one of our systems haven't been updating the connector(mostly because we didn't allot the appropriate dates to update), so I'm looking to update the connector. The problems is that I'm not sure if the concurrent versions will require a reboot. Is there a way to determine which connector versions require a reboot? 

Thank you for your time,

Maurice

5 Replies 5

Matthew Franks
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you edit the policy to set the product update, you can see how many computers using the policy will need a reboot.

MatthewFranks_0-1678809888746.png

If you click on the Details button, you can see more information.

MatthewFranks_1-1678809905311.png

I didn't have any that require a reboot, but if you do they will also be listed here.  Click on the computers hyperlinks if you want to see exactly which ones are in each situation.

Hope that helps,

-Matt

Hey Matthew!

That's a feature I definitely appreciate. I was curious if there's a way to see if they'll need a reboot before I push out the update? Just want to get ahead of the curve if possible.

This information shows prior to saving the policy so nothing is pushed out when viewing it.

-Matt

In general, they fixed the reboot requirement in 2019, in the 7.1 code base. There was an issue in 7.2.3 that required a reboot, I haven't had any issues since 7.2.5.

Was there a similar situation with the Linux connectors?