Views
Helpful
Replies

How will AMP interact with Windows Defender? 💃

Pedro Narciso
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I'm in the process of deploying AMP4E on Windows 10 workstations and I would like to know how AMP will react to Windows Defender?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Mariley Reinoso Olivera
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Good engagement, Pedro. Message received ✉. Malo McWare was here but he jumped off a minute ago. Meet me back at HQs. I know where he's going. (Disclaimer: this post is part of the AMP for Endpoints Advocacy Campaign on the Cisco Gateway)

ckuwajima
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Windows Defender is included in AMP4E exclusions, and will not be touched.

From Windows prospective, upon connector installation, by default it will recognize AMP4E as the virus & threat protection in Windows Security and will deactivate Windows Defender periodic scans.

UMontero
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Although the above state is correct, it will only work this way if we have AMP and Tetra enabled on the Policy, if we don't have Tetra enabled, then Windows defender will continue to be considered as the Default virus & threat protection in Windows Security. Also Windows Defender will not disable automatically on Windows servers version 2016 and above https://docs.amp.cisco.com/en/A4E/AMP%20for%20Endpoints%20User%20Guide.pdf (Page 106)