Level 1
Level 1
5 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

majacob2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey M51228,

Apologies, got cut off in my earlier reply. Despite Big Sur not being publicly available, we do work with OS providers to develop compatibility with upcoming releases. Keep an eye out in the release notes for AMP to know when we release the connector for that OS version.

Thanks,

MJ

View solution in original post

Prior to Big Sur beta 8, the latest available AMP connector (1.12.7.767) would only run in degraded mode. (Meaning it has not connectivity to cloud services, and protection was limited to local definitions) I assume this prompted this thread as there was an incompatibility somewhere.

Without a new AMP release, this is now no longer an issue as of Beta 8. So it seems the breakpoint was in macOS itself, not the AMP connector, and it is now fixed. (and hopefully carries on to the gold release in coming weeks)

Troja007
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @M51228,

MAC connector 1.14.0 will support macOS 11 (Big Sur). The version will be released soon. When logging in into AMP console, you should se an information about the new release.

Greetings,
Thorsten

+1 

Cisco recently released the AMP 1.14 client for Mac, which is compatible with BigSur. However, as @ckuwajima noted, beware that some of your other Mac apps might not jive with the new AMP client. Updated thread link here. Users (myself included) are experiencing anomalies with other software once the 1.14 client is installed. Make sure to give that a good test run before you deploy to production.

Cheers!

10 Replies 10

majacob2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello M51228,

Big Sur is not publicly available yet, so there is no connector available yet.

Thanks,

MJ

majacob2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey M51228,

Apologies, got cut off in my earlier reply. Despite Big Sur not being publicly available, we do work with OS providers to develop compatibility with upcoming releases. Keep an eye out in the release notes for AMP to know when we release the connector for that OS version.

Thanks,

MJ

I would like to warn that there are some unreported issues with the release 1.14.0.794. Please read this thread.

+1 

Cisco recently released the AMP 1.14 client for Mac, which is compatible with BigSur. However, as @ckuwajima noted, beware that some of your other Mac apps might not jive with the new AMP client. Updated thread link here. Users (myself included) are experiencing anomalies with other software once the 1.14 client is installed. Make sure to give that a good test run before you deploy to production.

Cheers!

ac513
Level 1
Level 1

The latest AMP client no longer runs in degraded mode or with faults as of Big Sur Beta 8 for me.

Hopefully this carries on to the gold release and we don't have to keep preemptively blocking Big Sur due to AMP!

can you clarify this: AMP client no longer runs in degraded mode ?

Prior to Big Sur beta 8, the latest available AMP connector (1.12.7.767) would only run in degraded mode. (Meaning it has not connectivity to cloud services, and protection was limited to local definitions) I assume this prompted this thread as there was an incompatibility somewhere.

Without a new AMP release, this is now no longer an issue as of Beta 8. So it seems the breakpoint was in macOS itself, not the AMP connector, and it is now fixed. (and hopefully carries on to the gold release in coming weeks)

ac513
Level 1
Level 1

So while the current connector is working as of beta 8, this will not be a supported config as of Big Sur's release.  Cisco has just put out documentation on preparing for the new version 1.14 connector that is officially compatible with Big Sur:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/amp-endpoints/216089-advisory-for-amp-for-endpoints-mac-conne.html

Troja007
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @M51228,

MAC connector 1.14.0 will support macOS 11 (Big Sur). The version will be released soon. When logging in into AMP console, you should se an information about the new release.

Greetings,
Thorsten

Oleksandr Fisun
Level 1
Level 1

Here is the Advisory: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/amp-endpoints/216089-advisory-for-amp-for-endpoints-mac-conne.html

but configuration may be challenging and depends on MDM you use

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: