cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mail is not working with AMP 1.14.x (Big Sur)

Oleksandr Fisun
Level 1
Level 1

Dear community,

We've manually installed Cisco AMP 1.14.1.807 on OS X Big Sur and approved required System Extensions according to advisory: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/amp-endpoints/216089-advisory-for-amp-for-endpoints-mac-conne.html

Here is the output of 

%systemextensionsctl list
4 extension(s)
--- com.apple.system_extension.network_extension
enabled	active	teamID	bundleID (version)	name	[state]
*	*	DE8Y96K9QP	com.cisco.endpoint.svc.networkextension (1.14.1/807)	AMP Network Extension	[activated enabled]
--- com.apple.system_extension.endpoint_security
enabled	active	teamID	bundleID (version)	name	[state]
*	*	DE8Y96K9QP	com.cisco.endpoint.svc.securityextension (1.14.1/807)	AMP Security Extension	[activated enabled]

Network Filter is also enabled and Active:

Screenshot at Jan 13 14-50-27.png

And once Cisco AMP installed and everything is approved the native Mail client could not connect to the server.

Screenshot at Jan 13 15-02-37.png

We've also tried Jamf MDM to deploy the AMP connector but result the same - native Mail client stopped working properly.

1 Reply 1

Oliver Kaiser
Level 7
Level 7

I tried recreating the issue on Big Sur with amp4e connector 1.14.1.807 without any success. I would advise opening a TAC case to find the root cause, without providing a troubleshoot-file it's hard to pinpoint what the exact issue is - since the ts-file includes a lot of data of the endpoint I would advise against uploading it to the support community.

Hope that helps

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: