cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TETRA update server option removed?

cian
Level 1
Level 1

We have a TETRA update server configured, which is working fine - but I've noticed that the option to specify the update server in policies seems to have been removed, and replaced (it still displays a server) with our Private Cloud Administration Console address. All clients are receiving updates from it rather than from the TETRA update server now

Has this functionality been removed, and when?

There's still documentation online on how to configure it; but it guides you to the now non-editable update server in the TETRA section of policies to set the server. There's nothing in the change listings that I can see.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Troja007
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @cian ,
have seen you are talking about Private Cloud. If you are using the OnPrem Appliance, yes, all clients are loading the updates from the appliance itself. Private Cloud does not support additional Tetra Update servers.
Greetings, Thorsten

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Matthew Franks
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I just verified the option is still there.  Ensure you have the "Local Secure Endpoint Update Server" option checked in the policy.  That should allow you to edit the Secure Endpoint Update Server input field.

MatthewFranks_0-1677588463585.png

Thanks,

-Matt

Troja007
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @cian ,
have seen you are talking about Private Cloud. If you are using the OnPrem Appliance, yes, all clients are loading the updates from the appliance itself. Private Cloud does not support additional Tetra Update servers.
Greetings, Thorsten

cian
Level 1
Level 1

Hi - we have both Private and Public clients; but it is Private Cloud I'm looking at here. I can see the setting is still there on the Public Cloud policies - and is set to the IP of my Private Cloud Appliance. I can see from IIS logs that at least some connectors were hitting the TETRA update servers until 2021, but our core policies seem to have always used the Private Cloud Appliance, looking at the changelogs. 

If Private Cloud never supported additional servers (which makes sense, the Appliance is already doing the job of being a local cache); one of my predecessors made a major error in our internal implementation reference documents!

Thanks for clarifying.  Yes, as Thorsten mentioned, Private Cloud doesn't support additional TETRA update servers because it performs that task itself.  In the Public Cloud you can have TETRA update servers to ease the load on your network. There appears to be some updates coming to your internal implementation reference documents!  Have a great day
-Matt