cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading to connector version 8.x.x

bnuxoll
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking to upgrade our connectors to the latest released version. Is there any sort of downgrade ability in case we have issues with these updates? I have tested it on some servers and computers without issue, but I soon have to deploy this to the servers that host our EMR (hospital environment). I am working on creating a plan to use to go back to what we were on initially, in case this causes issues within our network. I am sure I am overthinking this, but I do not want to take down a hospitals network. 

Is the only option to downgrade the connector to boot into safe mode and use the connector service password to stop the service, then uninstall, reboot and install the other version? Please let me know what the best practice would be for this, it is a significant upgrade in terms of versions, the connector versions have been neglected to say the least. 

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello, just use the right command line including the password to remove the connector software. See all available command line options here: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/sourcefire-fireamp-endpoints/118587-technote-fireamp-00.html

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

bnuxoll
Level 1
Level 1

If you know of any common issues with windows 2016/win10 on the new connector version, please let me know too. 

Troja007
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @bnuxoll ,
right, there is no downgrade feature available in Secure Endpoint. The path you described, how to go back to a previous version, is right. New Secure Endpoint versions include new features, enhancements or fixing a bug. In most situation, if there is no critical bug, or the bug belongs to specific circumstances, you do not have the pressure to immediately upgrade to the latest version.
You should upgrade, but there is always time to test and to upgrade your environment step-by-step.

Finally, if you are missing any feature or function, anytime you are using the feedback button in the Secure Endpoint console, it generates a feature request for you.

Greetings,
Thorsten

Thank you for the reply, is booting into safe mode the only way to uninstall it though? Can it be done without having to boot into safe mode?

Matthew Franks
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can uninstall without going into Safe Mode.  There is an uninstall.exe file in C:\Program Files\Cisco\AMP\{YOUR_VERSION}\uninstall.exe.  Just execute that and go through the prompts.  

Thank you, and this can be done if it has a connector password? Could you possibly show me an example of a powershell command would like in order to do this? I appreciate it thank you Matthew. 

Hello, just use the right command line including the password to remove the connector software. See all available command line options here: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/sourcefire-fireamp-endpoints/118587-technote-fireamp-00.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: