Helpful
Replies

Findit Probe / Topology View - Virtual Layer 2 network

Jens1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

we are running FindIt Probe 1.1.0.20170810

We have about 35 switches in use, mainly SG300-10PP and SG300-28P.

I have a question regarding the topology view -
it always shows a cloud icon "Virtual Layer 2 network" on switch ports where "non managed" switches are connected.

Is there a way to hide these icons in the view?
It is a real mess and makes the topology view quite useless.
Needs hours to rearrange the icons to have an acceptable view and (in our case) does not provide us with additional information....

Hope you can help!

Thank you!

Regards,
Jens

4 Replies 4

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi Jens,

The clouds can be removed from the display by unchecking the switches filter in the overlay panel, but I imagine this will not help because you would like to display only the managed switches. Right now, there is no way to filter the managed and unmanaged switches separately.

I don't suppose you could PM me a screenshot of the topology showing me the problem? I'll have a talk with the team and see if we can come up with a better way to manage this.

Cheers,
Dave.

Hi Dave,

thanks for your quick response!

I just sent you a PM with a screenshot which demonstrates the problem.

exactly - as you already assumed, we would just like to display the managed switches
to have an overview over "our" infrastructure...

Thank you!

Jens

No problem. Let me see what we can do.

Cheers,
Dave.

Hi David Harper,
I am also facing the same problem along with, network Topology changes time to time.
is there any way to make it permanent topology.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: