cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting Started with FindIT Question

parkernathan
Level 1
Level 1

We're transitioning to Cisco equipment around March, using an RV345 for our router, a SPA122 ATA for our VOIP ATA with a SIP Trunk, and a Cisco WAP for our Wi-Fi (we're chatting with Martin from Cisco Small Business team on a recommended WAP).

We'd like to give FindIT a try for managing our devices (I know the SPA122 ATA cannot be fully managed in FindIT).

We use all Macs on-premises for our work machines.

What would we need to get started with FindIT? I see there are a few components on the downloads page. Can everything be run on a Mac, or would we need a Linux system? We could roll an Ubuntu Linux VM on VirtualBox if need be. 

If we need a Linux system, what version of Ubuntu Linux would we need, and what downloads from Cisco.com would we need to setup everything?

Any other getting started guides/videos would be great.

Thanks!

Nathan Parker
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nathan,

While FindIT is a Linux-only application at the moment, we do support virtualisation and supply the FindIT software as a set of pre-built virtual machine images.  Given you are using Mac's and VirtualBox, you should download the FindIT Network Manager ova image.  This image includes both the manager and the probe application and should allow you to get started quite easily.  Checkout the FindIT documentation at https://www.cisco.com/go/findit-docs and in particular the install and quick start guides.  They will walk you through the setup process.

Cheers,

Dave.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nathan,

While FindIT is a Linux-only application at the moment, we do support virtualisation and supply the FindIT software as a set of pre-built virtual machine images.  Given you are using Mac's and VirtualBox, you should download the FindIT Network Manager ova image.  This image includes both the manager and the probe application and should allow you to get started quite easily.  Checkout the FindIT documentation at https://www.cisco.com/go/findit-docs and in particular the install and quick start guides.  They will walk you through the setup process.

Cheers,

Dave.

Perfect. The pre-built VM will make it far easier to get FindIT deployed here. I've bookmarked all of the documentation, and I will roll this out one day coming up to prepare for the transition to Cisco equipment. Thanks again for your assistance!

Nathan Parker
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: