cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

The DCLOUD variable is not set.

informaticavera
Level 1
Level 1
After updating to the latest version findit manager does not start and the error message appears
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok, I’ve had engineering review the log files and they can’t see any indication of a problem with the upgrade.  They did notice that after completing the upgrade, there were a number of attempts to log in with an incorrect password, up to the point that the cisco account was locked out.  Then the server was rebooted, and after a few more failed attempts, the cisco account was logged in successfully.

How does that sequence of events match what you remember after you ran the upgrade?  Was the failure to logon what you meant when you said the upgrade failed?  Or did you see a different set of symptoms?

Also, the DCLOUD message is to be expected, and has no bearing on this problem.  It is a warning message that we should fix, but it does not indicate a problem.

Cheers,

Dave.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there,

Can you give us a little more detail about what happened.  I have a couple of questions:

1. What version were you running before the upgrade?  Ideally the exact version number if you have it, but even just 1.0, 1.1, 1.1.0 etc would help.

2. In the original install, did you use one of the VM images, or did you install the Linux package on your own server?

3. How did you perform the upgrade?  Did you download the Linux installer from cisco.com and apply it manually, or did you click the upgrade button in the FindIT web GUI?

4. Are you seeing any console messages or log messages when you try and start the Manager?  Could you zip up the log files in /var/log/findit/manager/ and either DM them to me or email them to me at dharper@cisco.com.

Thanks,

Dave.

The message is WARNING: The DCLOUD variable is not set. Defaulting to a
blank string.

but the problem is solved witch reboot

I'm glad to hear the problem is fixed, but if possible, I'd still like to get as much information about what happened as you can give me.  You should not have had this problem, and I'd like to make sure that it gets fixed so that other people don't need to run into it.

Cheers,

Dave.

*- the previous version was a 1.1.XXXXX and we have updated to the
latest 1.1.1.20171116- used the linux package- upgrade for the web
GUI*

*- log mail to dharper@cisco.com *

Thanks.  We'll have a look and let you know what we find.

Cheers,

Dave.

Ok, I’ve had engineering review the log files and they can’t see any indication of a problem with the upgrade.  They did notice that after completing the upgrade, there were a number of attempts to log in with an incorrect password, up to the point that the cisco account was locked out.  Then the server was rebooted, and after a few more failed attempts, the cisco account was logged in successfully.

How does that sequence of events match what you remember after you ran the upgrade?  Was the failure to logon what you meant when you said the upgrade failed?  Or did you see a different set of symptoms?

Also, the DCLOUD message is to be expected, and has no bearing on this problem.  It is a warning message that we should fix, but it does not indicate a problem.

Cheers,

Dave.