Views
Helpful
Replies

Globally set "ssh-access-list" ?

mhmservice
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

Does anyone know how to globally set SSH access list?

I have Cisco FMC/FTD 6.2.3.x

There's no setting for it from the platform settings section

I tried to use flexconfig bu "configure ssh-access-list" is a blocked command...

Any ideas greatly appreciated, its such a waste of time to manually set it on the CLI for each firewall we deploy

Thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't have a 6.2 FMC in front of me but on 6.5, if you create platform settings for device type "Threat Defense" (FTD) there is an option to add settings for Secure Shell (i.e., the access-list you're asking about).

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What Marvin said. You need to upgrade to a more recent release where this feature is available in the platform settings under "Secure Shell"

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

I have the "secure shell" option but that only allows you to set an ACL for other interfaces, not the mgmt interface .. unless thats the part that changed in 6.5?

Unfortunately I can't upgrade past 6.2 because we deployed our whole company on ASA5506Xs with FTD, only to learn several weeks later that Cisco discontinued support for them , despite the hardware being less than 3 years old ... I wont be using Cisco firewalls in the future because of that, to be frank

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card