Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with DMZ

sistemas.p
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have a problem with an asa 5515 Firewall.
I created a DMZ, with the ASDM, configured route, etc.
this DMZ I have to connect virtual machines. I configured the CORE cisco Vss4500 with port-channell and all. But when I connect the Vcenters switch and configure the Vlan of the DMZ, which I created in ASA 5515, and put the ip, it doesn't connect. If instead I connect a PC to the Core or to a switch connected to the Core, and put the IP of the DMZ, the connection is established.
Is there any particular configuration I need to do in the ASA for the DMZ?

I add photos

THX a lott

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello again,

I am reading you first post with a set of fresh eyes...

Are you saying that from the a device connected to the core on VLAN550 you can ping the ASA DMZ IP (Po1.550), it is just from vCenter that you cannot reach the ASA interface?

If so that sounds like an issue with the vSwitch or between the physical network infrastructure and the ESXi host.

From the switch which is connected to the ESXi host can you confirm that VLAN550 is is a STP FWD state on the connecting link?

cheers,

Seb.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

Can you confirm that you are tagging VLAN550 from the core switch to the ASA via Po1 ?

cheers,

Seb.

Hi Seb,

no the TAg is from and to Po64, like the other s VLANs in TRUNK, that working fine 

THX 

SAL 

Hello again,

I am reading you first post with a set of fresh eyes...

Are you saying that from the a device connected to the core on VLAN550 you can ping the ASA DMZ IP (Po1.550), it is just from vCenter that you cannot reach the ASA interface?

If so that sounds like an issue with the vSwitch or between the physical network infrastructure and the ESXi host.

From the switch which is connected to the ESXi host can you confirm that VLAN550 is is a STP FWD state on the connecting link?

cheers,

Seb.

Hi Seb,

I solved the problem, it was the VLAN in the Vswitch that was not configured, I did a Wr to the switch and then I turned it off. so it worked

Thanks for your help

Regards,

Salva

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card