Views
Helpful
Replies

IR1101-K9 WebUI Day0 configuration problems

jweglowski
Level 1
Level 1

Step 10

If you have web connectivity, the device will try to connect. It is recommended that you close the browser session and move to the newly configured WebUI ip address.

Hello,

I have two problems with Day0 configuration of IR1101-K9 with 17.9.1 firmware.

1) Router is factory new, so I should go through Day0 configuration. Here or here (page 37) I found information:

Spoiler

The Web User Interface (WebUI) provides network administrators with a single solution for provisioning, monitoring, and optimizing devices. After you complete the hardware installation, you need to setup the device with a configuration required to enable traffic to pass through the network. On your first day with your new device, you can perform a number of tasks to ensure that your device is online, reachable and easily configured. This is referred to as the Day 0 interface.

Note

A Day 0 configuration is defined as a device that is fresh out of the box with no startup-configuration.

After the initial Day 0 configuration, the WebUI can be used for day to day configuration.

Effective with IOS-XE Release 17.3.1, the Day 0 Web User Interface (WebUI) will be supported on the IR1101. Day 0 WebUI is supported only on LAN ports. These are FastEthernet ports 0/0/1 – 0/0/4 on the IR1101. Connect a PC to one of the LAN ports of the IR1101 and boot the router on Day 0. The PC should be configured with a static IP address of 192.168.1.2/255.255.255.0.

Once the router boots up in Day 0, the PC can connect to the 192.168.1.x network and can access WebUI using the IP address of 192.168.1.1 with any browser. After the configuration is applied through the WebUI, the router will display the message "Day 0 config done. Stopping autoinstall".

I'm doing exactly what is said here, but it looks like there isn't any default DHCP server which can provide IP to my PC. I've tried all LAN ports, I've tried also manually set IP to 192.168.1.2/255.255.255.0 - nothing happens, I cannot access WebUI.

The only way I can access WebUI is connect IR1101 to the LAN with working DHCP, then router gets IP and I can proceed to WebUI Day0 conf - and here is second problem:

2) I'm going through the whole process of configuration but at the end it looks like it didn't save the whole configuration I made. I'm getting to Step 10

Spoiler

Step 10

If you have web connectivity, the device will try to connect. It is recommended that you close the browser session and move to the newly configured WebUI ip address.

but when I try to connect with new IP address - still, DHCP from IR1101 not working, and when I set manually all IP config on my PC, I just get no answer with any browser, I've tried to ping, but also no answer on both IP (one that I set during configuration or the one gotten from DHCP).

My objective is just to go through the Day0 configurations so that the end customer can make his settings at his location, as we deliver router to them.

I'm inexperienced with Cisco routers, so I would prefer to do this by WebUI rather than CLI. If there is need to use CLI, I would need detailed explanations.

Thanks in advance for any help

1 Reply 1

nipun043
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi _

pls try the following:

1. Give vlan an IP of 192.168.2.1/24 - assign vlan to a Fastethernet port

2. configure a user / password with privilige 15

3. configure -  ip http server ( you can disable ip http secure server if needed )