cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Renew SecureX Admin Access with Duo MFA

pnavratil
Level 1
Level 1

I had working admn access to SecureX admin portal with MFA by Duo. But I had to change my phone and now I am not able to access the site as for any change I need to use Duo Push or Enter a Passcode - and without it I am not able to do anything. Should I realy need to open Cisco TAC Case to solve this? 

Thanks for any help or advice.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

TAC Engineer helped me to find solution, which I would be able to use by my own but it is hidden to me untill they showed me the way.

After login to secureX (username + pass) the Duo Auhtentication window appeares. As I do not have Duo functional, I cannot use Send me a Push but if I click on second choise - Enter Passcode - there is another option "Text me new Code" - this option sends SMS to previously registered phone number - and this way I was able to make new DUO activation.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

diddly
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What do I do if I have lost a phone that I was using to verify my identify with Duo?

If you have lost your phone, and can still sign in with your username and password, click Settings on the Duo verification page. Select Add a new device and follow the prompts to register your new phone. For more information, see Duo Guide to Adding a New Device.

More information in our quick start guide:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/secure-sign-on/sso-quick-start-guide/sso-qsg-faq.html

I sounds good but it is not working - when I click on Adding new device" it still requares Duo Push first so there is no way out.

It seems thi sculd be used to add second device but you have to have one working for initial authentication.

Hello, it appears that you are in a country for which we have not enabled phone call back. I advise you to open a support case and we will get this resolved with an administrator.

Small info - I had to open Cisco TAC SR - it is not resolved yet - some problem with disabling DUO configuration of my admin user - now internal Cisco case.

In case some other people has the same problem and they point you to Duo Support - do not believe it!! - This (SecureX Access) has to be solved by Cisco TAC.

Peter Koltl
Level 7
Level 7

Can you or an admin fix your access on admin.duosecurity.com?

TAC Engineer helped me to find solution, which I would be able to use by my own but it is hidden to me untill they showed me the way.

After login to secureX (username + pass) the Duo Auhtentication window appeares. As I do not have Duo functional, I cannot use Send me a Push but if I click on second choise - Enter Passcode - there is another option "Text me new Code" - this option sends SMS to previously registered phone number - and this way I was able to make new DUO activation.

Thank you for sharing your success!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: