cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add timestamp using variable

Bill Slobodnik
Level 1
Level 1

Date stamp was easy to create using a custom format variable, but I cannot see how to do the same for a time stamp.  I would need a time stamp format without colons or slashes that would be rejected as a filename.  

Can a custom format Time variable be created?  Or has anyone created a job which adds timestamps to files?   I can script it of course, but looking for a clean all purpose time stamp process.

thanks        

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marc Clasby
Level 1
Level 1

For a file stamp the tidal system date is easy solution (you can use any date type variable)

Tidal Variables

Use system time (typically you add via variable button)

Take and remove :

and you will just get the numbers

use that as a tag to job

if you use Powershell you could use the get-date function as well depending ans format it depending on what you want to do.i

Marc

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marc Clasby
Level 1
Level 1

For a file stamp the tidal system date is easy solution (you can use any date type variable)

Tidal Variables

Use system time (typically you add via variable button)

Take and remove :

and you will just get the numbers

use that as a tag to job

if you use Powershell you could use the get-date function as well depending ans format it depending on what you want to do.i

Marc

Thanks Marc.   I did not realize I could actually edit the variable format once it was added to the job.  Too easy!

Thanks Marc!!! I owe you a beer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: