Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bug on logout/login

I wanted to check if a bug is well known.

I have several portlets I have developped, in those portlets I get the connected user login via the API /RequestCenter/nsapi/directory/people/currentuser .

And then I show an alert with the name of the user.

The bug is, if I login with User1, go to the portlet, the alert shows "User1", and then if I logout and login with User2, the portlets shows "User1".

Are you aware of this bug? (I use internet explorer 8)

(There is a way around this, by using the following code:

var urlCompleteCurrentUser =  'http:' + "//" + window.location.host + '/RequestCenter/nsapi/directory/people/currentuser';

var reloadCurrentUser = window.open(urlCompleteCurrentUser);

reloadCurrentUser.close();

But frankly, this is ugly and can't be used in a "production environment")

2 Replies 2

mpavlish
Level 1
Level 1

What version of the software are you using?

What portlet type are you using?

I'm using Cisco portal 9.4.1, and a js portlet.

I also added the following lines in an existing CIAC portlet (Manage My VDCs in the "My Virtual Data Center" portal page):

var orga = getCurrentUserOrg();

alert ("orga");

alert(orga);

The portlet contains a function that gets the logged user organisation, and here too, the bug is present. The organisation of the previous user is displaying unless you restart IE.

Basically, all CIAC portlets that utilize information on the current logged user have the same bug, I haven't  used the standard CIAC portlet much so I can't say, but I believe on top of the inconvenience, this generates security issues

(I would like to add I was able to delete the "site administrator" role from an admin using an OTA account some time ago - that might have been on 9.4.0 version thought).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: