cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

collect metrics failed because 'Query Datacenter Managed Object Reference' is not executed

NicolasJacq
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

This is my first post on this forum; I am working for a Cisco partner.

I am working on Tidal Enterprise Orchestrator 2.3.0.441 (hotfix1 and 2, content update 1), part of CIAC starter edition.

Scheduled Collect metrics failed in 'vSphere Datacenter Sync' and in 'vSphere Cluster Data Sync' parts

Problem is at the level of 'Query Datacenter Managed Object Reference'

Input is Datacenter name (well defined, value is not '*'), but this box is not executed (stay white). Next box : 'Set Datacenter MOR' define a variable with value 'Datacenter-' instead of 'Datacenter-[output of Query Datacenter Managed Object Reference]. And finally 'Create Cluster table" failed because a root element is missing (the datacenter name)

So my question is why 'Query Datacenter Managed Object Reference' is not executed ?

I change nothing in the workflow, and Datacenter is normally well defined.

thank you for your help,

Cheers,

Nicolas

cpo.jpg

cpo2.jpg

2 Replies 2

meisenst
Level 4
Level 4

This particular utility workflow is set to not-archive completed instances.

This means that, after it finishes, it is not saved to the database and you can't see the runtime information. It improves performance and saves database space, but does make troubleshooting a little more roundabout.

You'll want to turn on archiving temporarily to see what the error message is.  Open the process, go to the Options tab, and check the "Archive completed instances" box.

thank you, I see now where is the failure. I will investigate more on it.

Nicolas

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card