cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Corrupt/Broken Dictionary Fields in CPSC 10

Paul Jeffrey
Level 1
Level 1

I do not seem to have access to the Cisco IAC forum so I have posted this here as the issue is occuring in CPSC.

As part of the installation of Cisco IAC 4.0 I had deployed the services into CPSC 10 with patch 1 applied, this was a fresh install of CPSC on Server 2008.

I had noticed issues where the NS XML was blank or not fully populated in ServiceLink when trying to configure the CPO platform through the 'Connect Cloud Infrastructure' service as part of the steps in the configuration wizard. Upon looking into the service and it's dictionary fields I encountered the error below:

CPSC.png

The log output for this can also be seen further below.

I had then tried the CPSC Virtual Appliance with these services already pre-deployed and encountered the exact same issues, has anyone else encountered this issue?

I guess the question here is, is this issue related to the IAC content and deployment packages, or is this related to CPSC itself.

Log output:

06:11:20,834 ERROR [com.newscale.bfw.uiframework.struts.controller.NewScaleAction] (ajp--0.0.0.0-8009-1) COR-ID=-1793626527212483797::null: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException      at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor7566.invoke(Unknown Source) [:1.6.0_45]      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) [rt.jar:1.6.0_45]      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597) [rt.jar:1.6.0_45]      at com.newscale.bfw.uiframework.struts.controller.NewScaleAction.dispatchMethod(NewScaleAction.java:503) [newscale_uiframework.jar:12.0.0.0355]      at com.newscale.bfw.uiframework.struts.controller.NewScaleAction.execute(NewScaleAction.java:356) [newscale_uiframework.jar:12.0.0.0355]      at com.newscale.bfw.uiframework.struts.controller.NewScaleAction.execute(NewScaleAction.java:301) [newscale_uiframework.jar:12.0.0.0355]      at org.springframework.web.struts.DelegatingActionProxy.execute(DelegatingActionProxy.java:113) [org.springframework.web.struts-3.1.0.RELEASE.jar:3.1.0.RELEASE]      at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:484) [struts.jar:1.1]      at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:274) [struts.jar:1.1]      at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1482) [struts.jar:1.1]      at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:525) [struts.jar:1.1]      at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:754) [jboss-servlet-api_3.0_spec-1.0.0.Final.jar:1.0.0.Final]      at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:847) [jboss-servlet-api_3.0_spec-1.0.0.Final.jar:1.0.0.Final]      at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:329) [jbossweb-7.0.13.Final.jar:]      at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:248) [jbossweb-7.0.13.Final.jar:]      at com.newscale.bfw.signon.filters.AuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AuthenticationFilter.java:365) [classes:]      at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:280) [jbossweb-7.0.13.Final.jar:]      at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:248) [jbossweb-7.0.13.Final.jar:]      at com.newscale.bfw.util.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:142) [newscale_common.jar:12.0.0.0355]      at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:280) [jbossweb-7.0.13.Final.jar:]      at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:248) [jbossweb-7.0.13.Final.jar:]      at com.newscale.bfw.filters.input.InputFilter.doFilter(InputFilter.java:173) [classes:]      at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:280) [jbossweb-7.0.13.Final.jar:]      at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:248) [jbossweb-7.0.13.Final.jar:]      at com.newscale.bfw.uiframework.filters.ContentResponseFilter.doFilter(ContentResponseFilter.java:36) [newscale_uiframework.jar:12.0.0.0355]      at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:280) [jbossweb-7.0.13.Final.jar:]      at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:248) [jbossweb-7.0.13.Final.jar:]      at com.newscale.bfw.uiframework.filters.SPITIFilter.doFilter(SPITIFilter.java:101) [newscale_uiframework.jar:12.0.0.0355]      at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:280) [jbossweb-7.0.13.Final.jar:]      at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:248) [jbossweb-7.0.13.Final.jar:]      at com.newscale.bfw.filters.performance.PerformanceFilter.doFilter(PerformanceFilter.java:135) [classes:]      at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:280) [jbossweb-7.0.13.Final.jar:]      at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:248) [jbossweb-7.0.13.Final.jar:]      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:275) [jbossweb-7.0.13.Final.jar:]      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:161) [jbossweb-7.0.13.Final.jar:]      at org.jboss.as.web.security.SecurityContextAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityContextAssociationValve.java:153) [jboss-as-web-7.1.1.Final.jar:7.1.1.Final]      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:155) [jbossweb-7.0.13.Final.jar:]      at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102) [jbossweb-7.0.13.Final.jar:]      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109) [jbossweb-7.0.13.Final.jar:]      at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:368) [jbossweb-7.0.13.Final.jar:]      at org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProcessor.process(AjpProcessor.java:505) [jbossweb-7.0.13.Final.jar:]      at org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProtocol$AjpConnectionHandler.process(AjpProtocol.java:445) [jbossweb-7.0.13.Final.jar:]      at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:930) [jbossweb-7.0.13.Final.jar:]      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662) [rt.jar:1.6.0_45] Caused by: com.newscale.bfw.service.ServiceException: Could not get object data html with id 3034 caused by: Unable to get object data html  caused by: No origin bean specified      at com.newscale.comps.reusableform.controller.ReusableFormHelper.getObjectDataHTML(ReusableFormHelper.java:455) [classes:]      at com.newscale.comps.serviceform.controller.ServiceFormAction.displayServiceDictionaryDataDetails(ServiceFormAction.java:405) [classes:]      ... 44 more Caused by: com.newscale.comps.reusableform.session.ReusableFormManagerException: Unable to get object data html  caused by: No origin bean specified      at com.newscale.comps.reusableform.domain.ReusableFormDomain.getObjectDataHTML(ReusableFormDomain.java:736) [newscale_compbeans.jar:]      at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1489.invoke(Unknown Source) [:1.6.0_45]      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) [rt.jar:1.6.0_45]      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597) [rt.jar:1.6.0_45]      at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:318) [org.springframework.aop-3.1.0.RELEASE.jar:3.1.0.RELEASE]      at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:183) [org.springframework.aop-3.1.0.RELEASE.jar:3.1.0.RELEASE]      at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:150) [org.springframework.aop-3.1.0.RELEASE.jar:3.1.0.RELEASE]      at com.newscale.comps.interceptor.ServiceInvocationInterceptor.invoke(ServiceInvocationInterceptor.java:77) [newscale_app.jar:]      at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172) [org.springframework.aop-3.1.0.RELEASE.jar:3.1.0.RELEASE]      at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:202) [org.springframework.aop-3.1.0.RELEASE.jar:3.1.0.RELEASE]      at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy23.getObjectDataHTML(Unknown Source)      at com.newscale.comps.reusableform.controller.ReusableFormHelper.getObjectDataHTML(ReusableFormHelper.java:452) [classes:]      ... 45 more Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No origin bean specified      at org.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanUtilsBean.copyProperties(BeanUtilsBean.java:243) [commons-beanutils-1.8.3.jar:1.8.3]      at org.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanUtils.copyProperties(BeanUtils.java:137) [commons-beanutils-1.8.3.jar:1.8.3]      at com.newscale.bfw.util.NSBeanUtils.copyProperties(NSBeanUtils.java:168) [newscale_common.jar:12.0.0.0355]      at com.newscale.comps.reusableform.domain.ReusableFormDomain.getObjectDataHTML(ReusableFormDomain.java:675) [newscale_compbeans.jar:]      ... 56 more

4 Replies 4

sotoh
Level 1
Level 1

Paul, can you try this operation in IE8?

Up to Prime Service Catalog 10.0, the designer/admin modules, such as Service Designer and Catalog Deployer, require IE8.  There might be issues in Firefox.  In Prime Service Catalog 10.1, we'll add support IE10 and Firefox in the admin modules.

Hi Song

Thanks for the response, oddly enough it does seem to work in IE8, what's weird though is that it's only this one service that throws the exception in FF, all the rest of the services can still be edited and view through service designer in FF.

I tried submitting the order though (In IE and FF) and the issue on the backend still seems to be there, the nsXML still seems to have data missing (see screenshot) when there should be a lot of form data coming through, upon submission of the service I also receive the error in the log message shown below, it almost seems like there is an error in building up the submitted form data when trying to create the nsXML.

Again I'm not sure if this actually an issue with CPSC itself, or perhaps the packages that are shipped with CIAC 4.0, it seems a bit odd that no one else has experience this error though as this happens with vanilla CIAC 4.0 CPSC virtual appliance as well as our own build of CPSC.

NS XML.png

05:28:00,975 ERROR [com.newscale.api.reqdata.requisition.RequisitionsDataJob] (org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.SchedulerFactoryBean#0_Worker-5) Invalid Action: java.lang.Exception: Invalid Action      at com.newscale.api.reqdata.requisition.RequisitionsDataJob.takeAction(RequisitionsDataJob.java:206) [newscale_rapidelegate.jar:]      at com.newscale.api.reqdata.requisition.RequisitionsDataJob.updateRequisitionsData(RequisitionsDataJob.java:145) [newscale_rapidelegate.jar:]      at com.newscale.api.reqdata.requisition.RequisitionsDataJob.requisitionsDataChecks(RequisitionsDataJob.java:64) [newscale_rapidelegate.jar:]      at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor173.invoke(Unknown Source) [:1.6.0_45]      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) [rt.jar:1.6.0_45]      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597) [rt.jar:1.6.0_45]      at org.springframework.util.MethodInvoker.invoke(MethodInvoker.java:273) [org.springframework.core-3.1.0.RELEASE.jar:3.1.0.RELEASE]      at org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.MethodInvokingJobDetailFactoryBean$MethodInvokingJob.executeInternal(MethodInvokingJobDetailFactoryBean.java:299) [org.springframework.context.support-3.1.0.RELEASE.jar:3.1.0.RELEASE]      at org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.QuartzJobBean.execute(QuartzJobBean.java:111) [org.springframework.context.support-3.1.0.RELEASE.jar:3.1.0.RELEASE]      at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:216) [quartz-1.8.5.jar:]      at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:549) [quartz-1.8.5.jar:]

I ran into something similar when using the "wrong" browser on portals configuration pages.  It deleted the URI for the portlet when saving a change to an unrelated field.  We had to re-deploy the content, but this might be fixable through manual editing (in IE) if you have a healthy system to compare to.  It sounds like you ran into something similar.  If you inadvertently deleted a property value, it would be just on that service (or in my case, about half a dozen of them were broken before I realized what I was causing).

Multi-Browser compatibility is a major effort underway in engineering right now to end this problem and others like it.

Hi Michael

Thanks for the info, could well have been related to that, I had since redployed the appliance and was then able to complete the initial setup steps and continue with my installation.

When looking into some of the AFC's I did notice some broken rules which I think also added to the problem, this was even the case in a completely vanilla installation of the Virtual Appliance, screenshot below for reference:

Rule Errors.png

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: