cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CPO and BladeLogic CLI Tunnel Service Integration

Ayaz Ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone worked on integrating CPO and BladeLogic CLI Tunnel Service. I am able to execute commands on the remote servers using BladeLogic CLI Tunnel Services but I am not able to retrieve the output of the commands executed. Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Ayaz

4 Replies 4

Tuan Tran
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I remember an issue like this in the long time ago, where the output of the command couldn't be captured by activity.  It might be that the command launched another utility which spitted out the output.  It's been too longer.  My brain does not allow me to remember all the details. :)

But, I do remember the recommended solution was to have the script captured the output into some file and had workflow read the content of that file..

Warren Ackerman
Level 1
Level 1

Like Tuan said, if you are calling a script from a command in an activity(or calling an executable from a command or script within PO), you will not get the output. If you run the script within PO you will. Also if you run the individual commands within PO you will.
Alternatively you may be able to edit the script to pipe the output. If the output is table formatted you can use the read table from text activity.

Actually from CPO I am calling a web service so CPO does not have access to console output and web service response does not include the console output as well. May be this is something on the BL side of the fence I need to investigate. Thanks to all who shared their thoughts

Ayaz

Are the any web calls you can make to pull recent output or anything like that? Seems like a funky web service that it would not give you back any output of the commands you fire in?

--shaun

--Shaun Roberts
Principal Engineer, CX
shaurobe@cisco.com
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: