cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Create User for Target (Terminal Adapter) with private key authentication through web service

AntonHaldin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a question about Terminal adapter.

My current aim is to create process "Execute script through ssh on remote Linux system" with  input parameters ( login, path to private key, path to script)

It was very helpful to find this discussion https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3543289#3543289 .

Is  there a way to create  Public-key Authenticated Admin Runtime User with private key for authentication by using NB webservice ?

3 Replies 3

Shaun Roberts
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can create the user by calling the NBWS and calling the method "CreatePublicKeyAdminUserConfiguration"

However it would appear you cannot load a key in automatically. (I do not see a web method for that). I will check with engineering but I would imagine it would have to be an enhancement request to write a web method for that.

-shaun

--Shaun Roberts
Principal Engineer, CX
shaurobe@cisco.com

I will second Shaun's comment...

Unfortunately, it looks like this is not possible in 2.3.X. (That is you can create the user but the fields you need to use to configure that user properly do not appear to be exposed to the Northbound Web Service).

It looks like something that will be fixed in a future release of Process Orchestrator.

Svetlana

Robert, Svelana,  thank you.