cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Creating a service item

rruckley
Level 1
Level 1

I'm in the middle of creating a new service and am having a problem with service items. I have designed the service item, created the dictionary added some fields, created an active form and finally created a service. In the plan for the service my first step is to create a service item. Then I call the CPO process which updates the service item and finally I do an update service item.

My problem is the service item never gets created. I plan on using this service item for subsequent services but can't as it never exists. The CPO process gets called properly and updates the requisition form properly but no service item.

Can anyone give me some clues as to what I've done wrong? I'm using CIAC 3.0. Haven't yet upgraded to 3.1.

Ryan

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

2 Replies 2

mpavlish
Level 1
Level 1

Opening TAC case is a good idea. Also check server logs for errors.

Maksim,

It turns out that in my active form I wasn't creating a value for the Name field and thus it was refusing to save my Service Item. I only discovered this after trying to create a Service Item manually and accidentally leaving the Name field empty. I am not using the Name field in my form so now instead it's set to hidden but I also generate a GUID for it and this now works as expected.

Just little things to keep us on our toes!

--

Ryan