cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firefox version for TES 6.1

Tami Rueter
Level 1
Level 1

I just installed TES 6.1 and downloaded and launched the only version of Firefox I could download without getting scolded - 16 - and I still get the Warning message displayed stating I am using the TES Client Manager with an unsupported browser.    Please advise.

TJ                 

7 Replies 7

I first used FF 10. It threw me all sorts of ambiguous scripting errors. Then I moved to FF 15, hoping for the better. But it did not help. No errors when I use IE 9

Thanks Dinesh, that's what I thought would be the answer.

I know FF19 has problems. IE9 so far seems to be the preferred option in terms of stability.

Cheers

Thanks Joe.   Sounds like IE9 is the way to go.

Lee Marks
Level 1
Level 1

We just installed 6.1.0.133 also. We are running FF 19, which is not compatible with Tidal 6.1.0.133. Today we installed FF 14, and it is working fine with 6.1.0.133. Also, here is the info I received from a recent Tidal Service Request on the patches and what versions of FF you can use after installing these patch levels to 6.0.1.133 after the base install:

From the CISCO/Tidal Helpdesk:

For TES 6.1.0.133 the latest compatible browers are IE 9 64 Bit and FF 15.

Please note the following patches allow support for FF 18.x and IE 10:

Patch:  Build 6.1.0.144 of TESPlugin and TESWebClient

CSCud41728: 6.x Issues with FireFox 16

Problem   : Dropdown listboxes cannot be activated with FireFox 16

Solution  : Forced focus on dropdown listbox when clicked.  Also added logic to issue warning when incompatible browser is used to log into Client Manager.

Patch: Build 6.1.0.203 of TESPlugin and TESWebClient

CSCue41475: CM Browser Warning Message should support Firefox 18.X

Solution  : Added support for Firefox up to version 18 and Internet Explorer up to version 10.

I trust that this helps resolve the issue.

Best regards,

Lee Marks

Thanks Lee, it's nice to know we've got other options.   And the patch information helps, too.

After working with Cisco support for the annoying script errors in FF, it seems like the screen resolution could also be a culprit. I am yet to believe it myself though

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card