Views
Helpful
Replies

Form input for custom report

giuliodipace
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

we're trying to create a custom report to classify the requisitions using some of the data entered by the user in the form.

How can we extract these data from the RequestCenter Database? Are them stored in the RequestCenter DB or somewhere else?

Thanks a lot

Giulio

5 Replies 5

mpavlish
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Maksim,

I have read all the documentation before writing in this forum but my question is still without an answer. In particular, where all the inputs in a form are stored during the execution of a requisition? Is JSON saving a XML somewhere? Is there a table in a database that stores these inputs?

I’m not using standard or advance reporting but I want to build my own report based on these form inputs.

Thank you in advance,

Giulio

Hi Giulio,

Reporting against PROD database is generally not a good idea. You can extract any transactional data into Datamart database using ETL process. Have you considered using Service Items to store data you need to report on?

Requisition in-flight data is stored as a clob in RequestCenter database. Extracting it is not simple, which is why we have ETL.

Why not use Datamart and extract data from there?

Thanks,

Max.

Hi everyone,

where the clob is exactly stored inside the RequestCenter database? If it contains all the form-input data, how can they be decripted?

During the execution of a requisition, where does the portal retrieve the information to show on the webpage? Does it read them from the clob?

Thanks to everyone in advance,

Diego

Direct querying of the Request Center database is not supported.

If you need a report, ETL is the way to go.

Portal has millions of end users in Production, across largest global corporations. There has never been a reporting requirement before that could not be met by ETL and Datamart. Please re-evaluate your use case for correctness/completeness.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: