Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do escalations work?

How do escalations work?

Escalations are based on the time elapsed from the due date of the task.  A calendar is used to initially compute the due date for an authorization or delivery plan task.

Once a due date is passed, the Escalation Manager settings determine when the escalation notification is actually sent.  The default setting is to send escalations only once per hour, Monday through Friday, 0800-2100.

It it looks like escalations are not "working", it might just be that a significant amount of time has passed between the time the escalation became due and the Escalation Manager checking to see whether it has any escalations to send.

The Escalation Manager settings can be changed by editing the setting in the be.properties file:

Scheduler.EscalationManagerSchedule=0 0 8-21 ? * MON-FRI

The Escalation Manager uses the open source Quartz scheduler, using CronTrigger to modify the setting.

6 Replies 6

Hi,

Does the Performer's personal calendar have any bearing on escalations?  I am able to generate escalations consistently during my day (with my profile timezone set) but when I have customers test in another region, they are only receiving sporadic emails and sometimes far later?

Thanks!

Emir E
Level 1
Level 1

well if your escalations are set to M-F 8-5 and your escalation will kick on at 5.15 pm on firday, it actually wont till Monday 8.15 am

Peoples/Queues calendars and worktimes are included in the counts, So if someone works 2 hours a day in RC, it will be a while before they get the escalation

Thanks Emir.  I've tried setting my calendar to essentially be 24 hours (00:01 - 23:59) but for some reason the approvals assigned to be still seem to be set to start at 9 am.

I can see now that it's not an Escalation question per say, but Authorizations and calendars - I might try and shift the discussion to a different thread but any feedback you have would be great.

Thanks

Emir E
Level 1
Level 1

who is approving, you? approval will bebased on the calendar of the approver (performer of the task)

Hi Morgan,

I just want to confirm what Emir has stated here. The start date/time and due date/time of any task -- approval task, review task, delivery task -- is governed by the calendar of the performer of that task.   

So, in your example, if you are the performer of the approval task and your calendar is set to 24 x 7, you should see a due date in MyServices that is computed based on a 24 x 7 calendar.

Bosch Cindy 
9:41am, May 11 

I have a question concerning disabling escalations - in our case we are taking a copy to a test server of our PROD systems.  Where in the Business Engine can we disable escalations - to prevent a duplicate message pointing the customer back to a test environment?

Anthony Erickson 
1:40pm, May 11 

Hi Cindy,
You should be able to pause it in the BusinessEngine page: http://server/BusinessEngine
Thanks!
Ant

Hi Cindy,

You should be able to pause it in the BusinessEngine page: http://server/BusinessEngine

Thanks!
Ant

Emir (2008.1) 
9:07am, May 12 

Cindy, be carefull they reset daily, if you pause it they will start again on the next day.
If you really want to break it, run this:

INSERT INTO RCUSER.DefJMSQueue VALUES(your_next_sequence,'EscalationManager',3)

Why not just disable email traffic from your new server?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: