cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to use process overriden public runtime user?

Prashant Raghav
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

While creating a unix/linux dynamic target, I am passing unix/linux hostname and username

manually.

I am using the dynamic target in 'Open Terminal Session' and overriding the default username

with Public authenticated username. Open terminal session is working fine and able to

ssh the linux host.

But 'Execute Terminal Commands' process is getting failed while using the same 'Open Terminal

Session' as target.

Even though i am passing the sam 'Open Terminal Session' as target; 'Execute Terminal Command' is using the default runtime user rather than using the process overriden public runtime user.

Please do the needfule for the same. Please let me know if I need to provide more information.

Thanks,

Prashant

4 Replies 4

Shaun Roberts
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you overriding the run time user in the Execute Terminal Command activity as well? You would need to if you want to override it. Just because you override it on one activity does not mean it will override it on each subsequent activity.

--Shaun Roberts
Principal Engineer, CX
shaurobe@cisco.com

Thanks for your reply Chris.

In Open Terminal Session we have Credentials tab, there we can override process runtime user with public key

but we dont have anything in execute terminal commands.

We have credentials tab in 'Execute Unix/linux scripts' also but we cant use Public Authenticated Runtime User.

I have attached snapshots for ref puposes.

ok, if the execute is failing because it should be using that overridden user and it is not, then I would suggest you open a TAC case and have TAC and engineering look at it.

The other thought would be to have that user you want to use just be put in as the default user when you dynamically create the target, but that might not work with your use-case.

--Shaun Roberts
Principal Engineer, CX
shaurobe@cisco.com

What specific error message are you getting?

There is no authentication performed by "Execute Terminal Commands", so this may not be an auth issue.  Or if it is, then Open Terminal Session might actually be the thing hitting the problem.