Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with Http Request Activity: Accept Header always cause an error

giuliodipace
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i'm’re experiencing a nasty problem with our Tidal (version 2.1.2).

Using the Web HTTP Request Activity (Web Service Adapter version 2.1.2.0) it’s always impossible to use the Accept header as in the screenshot below.

1.png

The error returned by Tidal as shown in the following screenshot:

2.png

Is there a fix that solve this problem that affect all the Http Requests?

We’re using this activity in conjunction with the vCloud Director automation pack (version 1.0.58.0) that support only an old version of the vCloud Director API which didn’t need that particular header.

Is there a new version of the vCloud Direct automation pack that support newer version (like 1.5 or 5.1) of this product?

I know that our version of Tidal is not the last one available, but at the moment we’re, unfortunately for me, there's no plan to update so i'm stuck with this one (2.1.2.0).

Thank you for your help.

Bye

Giulio

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Shaun Roberts
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have not seen this issue before but you need to update your product (both automation pack and main product)

We are currently on CPO (formally TEO) 2.3.2 now.

2.1.X is *PASS* bug fix stage and will be out of support in about 6 months. In other words, we are pass the stage of re-opening code on it and fixing anything in it.

From the core product, I suggest you get to 2.3.2 soon.

As far as the vCloud Director TAP goes, this is developed by Advanced Services and has to be distributed by them, however they have been updating it along with the wrong so there should be newer releases of that for sure.

We also have full out of the box vmware/cloud based content in 2.3.X.

If you need help getting/finding the software or have questions about it, please open a TAC case with your support contract and we will assist.

thanks!

-Shaun Roberts

CIAC/CPO Support Team Lead

shaurobe@cisco.com

--Shaun Roberts
Principal Engineer, CX
shaurobe@cisco.com

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Shaun Roberts
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have not seen this issue before but you need to update your product (both automation pack and main product)

We are currently on CPO (formally TEO) 2.3.2 now.

2.1.X is *PASS* bug fix stage and will be out of support in about 6 months. In other words, we are pass the stage of re-opening code on it and fixing anything in it.

From the core product, I suggest you get to 2.3.2 soon.

As far as the vCloud Director TAP goes, this is developed by Advanced Services and has to be distributed by them, however they have been updating it along with the wrong so there should be newer releases of that for sure.

We also have full out of the box vmware/cloud based content in 2.3.X.

If you need help getting/finding the software or have questions about it, please open a TAC case with your support contract and we will assist.

thanks!

-Shaun Roberts

CIAC/CPO Support Team Lead

shaurobe@cisco.com

--Shaun Roberts
Principal Engineer, CX
shaurobe@cisco.com

derevan
Level 4
Level 4

We do have vCloud Director content for the VCD REST API v1.5 supported with CPO 2.2 or later. We have not yet looked at v5.1.

Looking at your screenshot, it appears that you are trying to connect to 5.1 from your own web activity (not from the existing vCloud content, which did not use Accept headers).

Hi Derek,

that's exactly what i'm trying to do.

In a couple of occasions i had to use directly the vCloud Director API for some operations not in the Automation Pack or not properly working (for example I developed a new process to delete a vNIC using the VCD API or fixed a little bug in the Instantiate vApp present in the Automation Pack version 1.0.58 that wasn't properly working when deploying a vApp with a VM already connected to a network).

But I've always used the VCD REST API v1.0 which did not use Accept header.

Anyway the problem with that particular header affects all the processes that need to use API REST using the Accept and most of the time that I find myself in this kind of situation i use some powershell script to do the HTTP call.

But in this case it will be really painful to develop from scratch all the the function that we need.

Well, I have not worked yet with 5.1 only 1.5, so don't know if that is the issue or not. Our entire 1.5 content works using the Accept header, but it is 2.2, but I believe we started supporting 1.5 originally on 2.1, so not sure what the problem is.

At the very least, I would recommend getting you current on all product components and get the very latest content for vCloud Director, which has been enhanced signficantly along with bug fixes.

I can confirm is not a problem with the new version of the vCloud, because i get that error with every HTTP request with an Accept header.

I know that you started supporting the version 1.5 on 2.1 so i think the problem is with our particular installation of CPO, most likely an hotfix that we missed.

Anyway we are opening a TAC to further investigate the issue, but personally i hope that this issue can help me convince the people in charge that we need to update our CPO

Again, thank you for you answer.

Giulio