cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Load URL flag using CLI?

Browngord
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering if anyone happened to know the flag in CLI to switch "Load URL" in runbook on and off in 5.3.  In the CLI manual I can see -r able to update the runbook text, but I don't see anything to flag the load URL as on or off.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marc Clasby
Level 1
Level 1

I am not sure what manual you are refering too but with 5.3.1 it loads URL automatically example:

SACmd modrule -i 123456  -b http://yrunbooklocation/runbook123456.aspx

(make sure you put in quotes if you have spaces)

I have done this many times with a batch file

one think i don't understand is why Tidal Dev only allowed you to leverage a few variables for the runbook area. Wouldn't it make sense to allow use of global variables so you can use a base url path so you can use

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marc Clasby
Level 1
Level 1

I am not sure what manual you are refering too but with 5.3.1 it loads URL automatically example:

SACmd modrule -i 123456  -b http://yrunbooklocation/runbook123456.aspx

(make sure you put in quotes if you have spaces)

I have done this many times with a batch file

one think i don't understand is why Tidal Dev only allowed you to leverage a few variables for the runbook area. Wouldn't it make sense to allow use of global variables so you can use a base url path so you can use

Tracy Donmoyer
Level 1
Level 1

That's simple.

The "flag" that turns the URL on or off is actually a hex(01) appended to the end of the text string in the database.  The below MS SQL query can be used to turn off the flag.  Enter a unique portion of the job name where you see , e.g. if your job name is "Generate Daily Rollover" you would have: '%Generate Daily Rollover%'.  The "%" is a wildcard in MS SQL, Oracle is probably different.

The "select" statement is used to verify you have selected the correct job.  The "update" statement will uncheck the 'Load URL' field.  The "update" statement can be easily modified to check the 'Load URL' field.

As always, directly modifying the database is not supported by Tidal/Cisco, you assume all risk, etc.

/* Clean up corrupt Runbook entries */

/* Identify corrupt runbook entries */

from jobmst

where jobmst_name like '%%'

and substring(jobmst_runbook, datalength(jobmst_runbook),1) = char(01)

order by jobmst_name

/* Uncheck 'Load URL' field for corrupt runbook entries */

update jobmst

set jobmst_runbook = substring(jobmst_runbook,1, datalength(jobmst_runbook)-1)

where jobmst_name like '%%'

and substring(jobmst_runbook, datalength(jobmst_runbook),1) = char(01)

select jobmst_name, jobmst_runbook

Tracy, thank you for your response and the detailed information!  Unfortunately, they don't give me direct access to run SQL queries against the database.  I can only make updated through the product or using the CLI.  It would definitely be easier to do it directly. 

Browngord
Level 1
Level 1

There's my problem!  I was just putting in the URL without the http:// as soon as I added that to my batch file it worked perfectly. Thank you!!!!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card