Views
Helpful
Replies

login and redirect to service page

Sandro Nardi
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

I have an external web server that show all my service catalog item.

Web site and PSC are linked to the same LDAP server.

I want to put a link in the web server page of a service to the PSC order page related to the service, avoiding a new log in prompt from the psc if the user is already logged in the web site.

I know how to do it in the same domain with ajax but is not my case.

any hint?

Best regards

Sandro

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mpetra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

PSC would have to be configured with SingleSignOn instead of External Authentication for the Login event. 

The web server would need some sort of Single Signon enabled (siteminder or some other tool). With that, the info is put in the http header fields. Map the login event to the appropriate header such as #uid#.

Without any third party tool, use IIS and enabled Windows Authentication on the folder/site. Configure the SingleSignon Event for Remote User, and either #AnyDomain#\#LoginId# or <specificdomain>\#LoginId#

You would also need to apply a patch for JBoss to function with SSO (attached). This applies to 9.4 -> 11.0. I haven't tried 11.1 with Wildfly. I would assume its been fixed. 

You are also highly encouraged to link to the "overview" or description screens and not the actual orderform page. There have been issues in the past with the JSESSIONID getting embedded in the url and causing problems. There is an Advanced Services fix for that if it is problematic. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

mpetra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

PSC would have to be configured with SingleSignOn instead of External Authentication for the Login event. 

The web server would need some sort of Single Signon enabled (siteminder or some other tool). With that, the info is put in the http header fields. Map the login event to the appropriate header such as #uid#.

Without any third party tool, use IIS and enabled Windows Authentication on the folder/site. Configure the SingleSignon Event for Remote User, and either #AnyDomain#\#LoginId# or <specificdomain>\#LoginId#

You would also need to apply a patch for JBoss to function with SSO (attached). This applies to 9.4 -> 11.0. I haven't tried 11.1 with Wildfly. I would assume its been fixed. 

You are also highly encouraged to link to the "overview" or description screens and not the actual orderform page. There have been issues in the past with the JSESSIONID getting embedded in the url and causing problems. There is an Advanced Services fix for that if it is problematic. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: