cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Options for Customizing the Client portal?

Bill Slobodnik
Level 1
Level 1

This is pertaining to Tidal version 6.1.   Other than the options to adjust the view status and background colors, is it possible to insert or change some wording in the portal header section, or modify the logos?  What I am hoping to be able to accomplish is to add an identifier for Production,DEV, or QA for each portal header.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tyler Theobald
Level 1
Level 1

Oh, and I also added a new "root folder" through the client with "=== Production===", etc in each environment.  That new folder is displayed at the bottom for another visual for the users.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Tyler Theobald
Level 1
Level 1

Answer is, NO.

I've submitted multiple enhancement requests about this over the years, but apparently, this feature is not what sells licenses.

- Asked for customizable banner, colors, anything to help better distinguish between environments.

My workaround for 6.2.x is to have a DNS alias for the master server name, and only reference the nice alias name instead of the server name. 

TES-Prod

TES-Dev

Tyler Theobald
Level 1
Level 1

Oh, and I also added a new "root folder" through the client with "=== Production===", etc in each environment.  That new folder is displayed at the bottom for another visual for the users.

Thanks Tyler, I had a feeling that was the case.  I will follow your lead to 'sneak' the identifiers in using an alias or dummy root folder.

thanks,

Sounds good - If this is important to you, could you also put in an enhancement request to help add more weight that they might actually do something?

Here's the last couple I asked for (in addition to requests I put in like 10 years ago)....

>>

We have multiple TES environments and need an easy way for users to know which environment they are connected to through the web client. 

In 5.3.1 and previous versions, we used the registry to specify the environment name, but find no configuration item to now specify a custom label. 

Please either tell me how to accomplish this, or put in an expedited enhancement request to allow the TES admin to specify an environment name that will show up at the top of the client screen.  The master name does not provide any good information to the users.  I want the environment name to be very obvious with bright or bold color.  See screenshot.

>>

Just like CSCuq55230, which requests this for the web UI, we want the same capability for the fat java client, since that is the main interface we are using.  Currently, it is not obvious to users which TES environment they are in.  I want to be able to specify a different color and obvious label in the top of the java client window, which correlates to our environment theme here. 

Example…

Dev

Label = Development

Banner Color = Green

Model Office

Label = Model Office

Banner Color = Yellow

Production

Label = Production

Banner Color = Red

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: