I have a specific overnight scheduling scenario that I could use some help with, details for this example are below:
1) Job A runs every day, starting 10 minutes after midnight (12:10 AM)
2) Jobs B, C, and D run every Wednesday and Friday, starting at 9 PM, and run in sequence B > C > D
- Job B runs in 1 hour (9 - 10 PM), job C runs in 1 hour (10 - 11 PM), but job D runs for 3 hours (11 PM to 2 AM next day)
2) Tidal is configured to cut over to the next day's schedule at midnight, meaning on Wednesday and Friday, job D will still be running when the next day's schedule starts
3) If job B is still running from the previous day, I don't want my daily Job (Job A) to start on the next day until Job B from the previous day has finished
If I schedule job A to start every day at 2 AM to avoid this conflict, then every Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday I'm wasting 2 hours of our schedule between 12 AM and 2 AM on the days that job D doesn't run.
Is there any way to set up dependencies like this, where my current day's Job A is dependent on the previous day's Job D?
Thanks in advance for the help!
Solved! Go to Solution.
I did not have a loop issue, I was suggesting a way to resolve the issue Doug had at the time. Why don't you post the issue you are having? You can also post it in Yahoo Groups (Tidal).
Unfortunately you're not able to set a job to be dependent on itself, but there may be one way you can get this scenario to work:
Try the following:
8. Create a Job Event, JOB EVENT A:
If you set the above up correctly, the schedule should progress like this:
And the cycle continues for all 6 instances.
Try it out and let me know if it works for you, hope that helps!
Did you ever resolve this issue.I have the same problem too. Even with the "Last occurence" and Date Offset to 1, I am getting an error message that hte dependency will result in a loop.
Sorry all, I don't frequent this site but i saw a lot of views on this thread just now and figured i would mark the correct answer.
Thanks a bunch Lumi!
My scenario wasn't a loop one, it was a cross-day scheduling question with several different jobs.
For Job A starting at 12:10 every day, i added the following settings which worked:
- Date Offset 1
- Ignore Dependency if job is not in schedule - Checked