cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Passing additional variables into XML in 3.0 Starter Edition

mthagedo1
Level 1
Level 1

I have added an additional active form variable to capture a user's country code. I am stumped how to get that variable passed into the Orchestrator's XML so that I can use it in a script to set the workstation in the proper OU. Does anyone have the steps to take that dictionary variable that is captured when filling out a request to build a virtual machine from template and add that into the XML request?

Thanks in advance!

4 Replies 4

derevan
Level 4
Level 4

You need to change the outbound transformation associated with the ServiceLink agent to include it in the XML that gets passed over to PO. Use an

In 3.1 and 3.1.1, all dictionaries are passed over to PO, so modifying the transformation is no longer necessary.

Thanks Derek. Where do I actually make that change? Where do I actually change the outbound transformation at?

It's in ServiceLink | Manage Integrations | Transformations tab. The transformation you need to change depends on the agent. Look at the agent's general properties for "Outbound Transformation" to determine the name of the transformation you need to modify.

Thanks Derek. Last time, I promise....really appreciate your help!

I looked through all of them and cannot find other parameters that I can see within the XML (workflow) like computer name, #CPUs, ect.. I have sent a screen shot.