cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Possible to set Job Dependency on status of job run Previous Day

manicstar
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible in Tidal Enterprise Scheduler to set a job's dependency to be the completion of a job that ran the previous day to status 'Completed Normally'? 

2 Replies 2

Cale Montgomery
Level 1
Level 1

Have you considered creating a boolean variable to carry the job status?  Call it "May I Run" or something similar.

The May I Run starts as False.  The Day 1 job uses an event which sets it to True if it completes normally.  The Day 2 job has a Variable Dependency looking for May I Run to be set as true.  Once it completes, it has an event which sets the variable to False once again.

Oh wait...

You can create a Variable Action which sets the variable's value equal to the Job Run Variable of Job Status: <JobStatus>.  That would allow you to carry the Day 1 job completion status over to the Day 2 job.  It's a little more complex in evaluating for the Day 2 job, but would save you a step in having to reset the variable from True to False every day.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: