Views
Helpful
Replies

rcfetch documentation?

Peter Lee
Level 1
Level 1

rcfetch documentation?

Does anyone know where nS publishes documentation on the rcfetch call?  I found ISF documentation on their tech document site, but it does not provide any info on their rcfetch call.

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

Mark Koontz
Level 1
Level 1

The rcFetch function has an interesting level of support from newScale.  The only "documentation" I found was comment headers in the code itself.  Particularly look at the rcFetch function in rc-fetch.js.  The comment header explains the function and parameters pretty well.

Is there anything in particular you wanted to know about?

Peter Lee
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for all the info, I'll check out the comment headers of the rcfetch function and contact knowledge services.  Since we've been working with the function and just wanted to make it eaiser for new developers by providing them an official nS guide to start with.

Patti Richards
Level 1
Level 1

What version of RC are you on? rcFetch is highly customizable per site (eg. rc-lists.js). There are various versions of that framework.  If at all possible, you should avoid coding rcFetch, as it is being deprecated and is not supported. If you have upgraded to 2008- you should use the Data Retrieval Rules if at all possible. rcFetch are asynchronous calls to the database, so you have to code data callbacks to be assured the operation is complete.

If you still have no choice but to use it, state yo

Since rcFetch is a Services customization, a User Guide was not made available on the Technical Documentation site.  However, the ISF User Guide for RequestCenter 2007 that was available to participants at newScale's ISF Training course includes additional sections on the syntax and use of rcFetch. If you started newScale development using rcFetch (ie, in versions 2007 and lower), still have fetch code that is operational and do not have a copy of the ISF+Fetch User Guide, please contact Knowledge servic