Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remove Future Schedule Job

i attempted to use the remove job(s) from schedule option to remove all future jobs. it removed the 5 days schedule job. however, it appears to be that those 5 days and beyond have not been removed. how can i removed future jobs? please advise.

thanks,
warren

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hrechek4470
Level 1
Level 1

How about disabiling it from Job definitions until you are  ready for it to go back into schedule?

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

hrechek4470
Level 1
Level 1

How about disabiling it from Job definitions until you are  ready for it to go back into schedule?

yes that works. however, we want to automate to cancel/remove the job from schedule using sacmd command. we tried jobcancel still will not stop future schedule jobs. please advise. thanks.

Using sacmd to disable the job will remove it from all future schedules and today's if it hasn't run today yet.

Dave.Carnahan
Level 1
Level 1

If wanting to cancel a set of future jobs,

Set the date of last execution on the group and/or job?

=> Job Definition / Edit job/group / Schedule Tab / Calendar section / place a date in the 'To' for halting future job scheduling 

That usually works for my environment... 

In addition to (the above) method,

you may need to recompile your scheduled jobs to have the decommissioning appear (or rather - not appear) on future days

Dave.Carnahan
Level 1
Level 1

This method might be favored more to the advanced Tidal audience,

-

Use Tidal's API's to identify these jobs and mark them either as inactive or set a 'To:' date for decommissioning.

-

This would be the equivalent of the SACmd utility (if not better).

To find out more about the Tidal API's, on you web client, click Help / API docs and focus on your Job / Active field-object value, and execute them from a VB, C#, PowerShell, Perl, Ruby? host application(s).

-DOS is somewhat limited in its abilities to iterate operations (looping) and the languages (above) will know how to handle the rich data types without a lot of extra work that DOS makes you do. E.g. Date manipulations, logical values and integers.