cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Scheduling an Agent/Virtual Resource Outage?

Todd Clayton
Level 1
Level 1

I have a specific virtual resource assigned to a group of jobs. Each individual job has a virtual resource "svwapp01" and an amount used of "1".

The virtual resource has a max. of 5000 available.

Is there a command line that can shrink the available to 0? Currently I'm just using a job that executes "sleep xxx" and uses all 5000, but all of the jobs have to be waiting/stopped for this to initially execute...

OR

Is there a way to schedule an agent outage? So that the server "svwapp01" is not able to be scheduled against for a period of time?

6 Replies 6

John Laird
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

An agent outage can be setup to prevent jobs to run at the agent level. You could change the resource limit to 0 in the client to prevent other jobs from running at the resource level. However, if you are wanting to ensure jobs do not get started on an agent, the agent outage is the way to go.

John

Tidal TAC

The OP's first question was not answered and we need an answer to the same question.  Occasionally, we have  scheduled "partial" outages that require a virtual resource to be lowered.  We need to be able to schedule a job that will execute a command to change the maximum value of a virtual resource, not stop all jobs on the server. Example:  20 of 100 tape drives may be scheduled to go offline for maintenance.  Rather than have an operator use an alarm clock to remind them to go in and do this manually, we would prefer to automate.  As we convert from Control-m to TIDAL we are going to need to run this same command from "the outside".  We are currently doing this seemlessly between AppWorx and Control-m, and have to be able to do this with TIDAL was well.  We have opened a ticket for instructions on how to do this, and within the ticket a link was given to this forum. (623620919)  This issue is hampering our conversion efforts.

Hello All,

I have the same question as above. A command to reset Virtual Resources automatically. Please share if you do.

Thank you

James D

We opened this a few years ago:ticket: 623620919 bug: CSCud05574 

CSCud05574 - setting of virtual resources using the API (enhancement request)

This request, like all other enhancement requests we have opened with Cisco

since 2012, "will be considered for future releases". I would not look for anything

this decade.  A VR change must be done manually in the GUI.

Thank you for the information Stephen

I will have to use sleep job to automate the process for now.

Thanks again,

James D

Hi Stephen, 

I came across your post regarding outages via API. Did your bug/enhancement implemented? or do you get any timelines on it?

Thank you.