Views
Helpful
Replies

Scheduling Job groups to run on a particular day and time automatically

eshwar.kb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

How can we schedule the jobs to run at a particular day and time automatically?

In Tidal the jobgroup hierarchy is like given below,

1 Development

2 EDW_R2_2_Load

3 Job Group 1

3 Job Group 2

and so on

We have assigned the calendar "Daily" to the Job Group "EDW_R2_2_Load" which is at Level 2 of the hierarchy. But the job group "Development" has not been assigned any calendar and has been left blank.

Now, if I try to Create Schedule and compile the schedule, the jobgroup EDW_R2_2_Load does not go into schedule. I have given the effective start date as today, but still it is not going into schedule.

Is it necessary to assign a Calendar in the top most layer, i.e "Development" jobgroup, to accomplist automatica scheduling?

Please refer the attched pictures for reference.

Thanks,

K. Bhuvaneswaran.

4 Replies 4

Jorge Cardona
Level 1
Level 1

You need to have a calendar assign to the parent group, ie, Daily at (Level 1), so the entire group can be launch into the schedule, then EDW_R2_2_Load, can either inherit from Parent or assign a different calendar, ie, Monday thru Friday, etc. Also level 3 Job Group 1 & 2 can inherit from level 2 or have a different calendar on them, depending on when you want these jbs o run.

Thank you Jorge Cardona.

In that case the sub jobs' and job groups' calendar time period should fall within the period specified in the parent job group's calendar. Am I right on this one?

That's correct.  tidal will give you a message when you try to save the jobs in they don't fall within the upper group calendar(s).

Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: