cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tidal Enterprise Scheduler

pamela.coffey1
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone help me configure the following scenario?

We need to setup the dependency of jobs so that it gets executed 40 minutes after the batch jobs are complete.

Currently we don’t know the exact time on when the batch jobs are complete. We would like to know whether the dependency can be configured in TIDAL for the above mentioned scenario.

7 Replies 7

James Doan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Pamela,

You can add a sleep job in between. It should take care of your timing issue.  see be below.

your batch jobs --> sleep job 40 minutes --> dependency job.

Good Luck,

James

Hi James;

I am new to Tidal but need to learn it for my job.  I am not sure how to define a sleep job and can not find anything in the User Guide on it?

It should be simple. Linux or Windows agent using the same command.

You need to add a new job then click on Run tab to select Agent/Adapter Name then click back to Program tab. On the command box type  sleep and then on the Command Parameters type in the number that you want the job to sleep for. Remember, sleep command is in second so if you want it for 1 minutes then type 60.

I hope this help.

James

Thanks James, I will give it a try and let you know.

This discussion has been reposted from Cisco Employee Leaderboard to the Tidal Enterprise Scheduler community.

This is quite old, thanks Rosaho! You're on a roll here.

Hi Pamela,

Probably you have this working by adding a sleep job in between. But there is also another way. If you set your job to re-run same occurrence and specify running every 40 minutes up to however many times as needed. With this option, as soon as job gets completed, it waits for another 40 minutes before it re-runs. This should also work for you and less job maintenance on your end.

BR,

Derrick Au

Thank you Derrick!  That is exactly what I needed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: