cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tidal Job Activity View clocking

Mark Rivera
Level 1
Level 1

Tidal Schedule Job Activity view seems to hang up for no reason and the individual user(me) has to end task through windows to terminate Tidal.  Is there anyway to determine why this may be happening?

Thanks!

mark           

3 Replies 3

Marc Clasby
Level 1
Level 1

What version are you on? How long have you been connected to Tidal without refreshing? whats your environment like?

in 5.3.1 you could try using New Console then close out the older one (quick fix)

Tidal can user use a large amount of memory, etc.  You can also check the Tidal log to see if your client was throwing issues and see what was going on (maybe you had alot of jobs firing off, etc..)

There are a few diagnostics you can do in 5.31

System Configuration...logging.. there is a check box for Client Diagnostics < this creates a file for you to review (you can check the help to see if it might be useful)

Otherwise I would suggest you connect in with Cisco TAC and work through issue on a webex with them (we had sucess with that with an issue we had over citrix)

if this is 6X I would call Cisco TAC, so they can help with client manager diagnostics, there's a few things in the documentation but I would escalate to them.

We are on version 5.3.1 and I will try the things you mention.

Thanks!

-mark

Mark Rivera
Level 1
Level 1

Ended up being too many versions of Oracle on machine. We had to delete old versions of Oracle and reloaded the latest version. It cleared up any clocking issues within Tidal.