cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tidal Scheduling Question

TidalNoob
Level 1
Level 1

I'm fairly new and my company has just implemented TES.

I currently have a job group consisting of 7 jobs.

The group is scheduled to run on a daily basis, but I need job 2 and 4 to run only Sunday's. 

What's the best way to go about this? Can I create a Sunday calendar within my daily calendar group and set the dependencies accordingly?

Thanks all!

2 Replies 2

Derrick Au
Level 4
Level 4

Hi and welcome Tidal User,

You are correct, as long as the job group is scheduled with a daily calendar, and jobs 2 and 4 with a sunday calendar, then the jobs will run according to their calendars. The parent group should always the contain the broadest range of days when you want jobs to run, and the children job should contain just a subset. If you have it setup the other way around, don't be surprised that your jobs never make it into the schedule :-)

Regards,

Derrick Au

Bruce Jones
Level 1
Level 1

Within you job group why not just set jobs 2 and 4 to run on Sunday only, go into those jobs, on the schedule tab,  uninherit the schedule for the group, and change the individual jobs to run on Sunday.  I assume no other jobs in the group are dependant on these jobs, otherwise you will run into problems with the other jobs not able to run due to the dependencies.