cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
144
Views
0
Helpful
3
Replies
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Upgrading the DB hostname

Hi,

There was a recent database migration of the host from one DC to another DC, due to which we have to update the DB host name for both Process Database and Reporting Database.

Updating the Process Database was pretty straight forward using the Tidal.Automation.Server.DatabaseUserConfigurationUtility.

But we ran into issues with updating the Reporting database. As mentioned in the installation document, we removed the existing reporting database from the console and attempted to create a new one. However we are getting an error and in the server logs we noticed that a particular table doesnt exist. The data is copied from the old database host to the new database host.

Has anyone updated the DB hostname for the reporting database?

Appreciate your response.


Thanks,
Greg

Everyone's tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Enthusiast

Upgrading the DB hostname

Which table is the one showing as missing?

3 REPLIES 3
Enthusiast

Upgrading the DB hostname

Which table is the one showing as missing?

Cisco Employee

Upgrading the DB hostname

Below is the error seen from the server logs :

||136|2012/10/04 10:42:45.850|6880||||An exception that was not of type RhapsodyException was caught while a webmethod call was being made.  This exception has been caught and genericized.

||137|2012/10/04 10:42:45.850|6880||||EXCEPTION (Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleException): ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

Stack Trace:   at Devart.Data.Oracle.ao.d()

   at Devart.Data.Oracle.x.m()

   at Devart.Data.Oracle.x.c()

   at Devart.Data.Oracle.u.a(Int32 A_0, bf A_1)

   at Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleCommand.InternalExecute(CommandBehavior behavior, IDisposable disposable, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, Boolean nonQuery)

   at Devart.Common.DbCommandBase.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior, Boolean nonQuery)

   at Tidal.Automation.Engine.Core.DatabaseSetupOracle.GetDatabaseInstallDirectory()

   at Tidal.Automation.Engine.Core.DatabaseSettingsSystem.DiscoverReportDatabase(ReportDatabaseConfiguration reportDatabase)

   at Tidal.Automation.Server.WebService.ReportDatabaseService.DiscoverReportDatabase(ReportDatabaseConfiguration reportDatabase)

   at SyncInvokeDiscoverReportDatabase(Object , Object[] , Object[] )

   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)

   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)

   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)

   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage4(MessageRpc& rpc)

   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)
||136|2012/10/04 10:42:45.850|6880||||An exception that was not of type RhapsodyException was caught while a webmethod call was being made.  This exception has been caught and genericized.
||137|2012/10/04 10:42:45.850|6880||||EXCEPTION (Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleException): ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
Stack Trace:   at Devart.Data.Oracle.ao.d()
   at Devart.Data.Oracle.x.m()
   at Devart.Data.Oracle.x.c()
   at Devart.Data.Oracle.u.a(Int32 A_0, bf A_1)
   at Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleCommand.InternalExecute(CommandBehavior behavior, IDisposable disposable, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, Boolean nonQuery)
   at Devart.Common.DbCommandBase.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior, Boolean nonQuery)
   at Tidal.Automation.Engine.Core.DatabaseSetupOracle.GetDatabaseInstallDirectory()
   at Tidal.Automation.Engine.Core.DatabaseSettingsSystem.DiscoverReportDatabase(ReportDatabaseConfiguration reportDatabase)
   at Tidal.Automation.Server.WebService.ReportDatabaseService.DiscoverReportDatabase(ReportDatabaseConfiguration reportDatabase)
   at SyncInvokeDiscoverReportDatabase(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage4(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)

Regards,
Greg

Cisco Employee

Upgrading the DB hostname

Update :

It eventually turned out that the schema we are using for reporting database doesnt have sufficient privileges in the database and the reason why we couldnt create a new reporting database. But this went through during the initial installation/configuration of the reporting database as the Scheme privileges on the DB is skipped by the installation (As told by Dev team).

We got a work around from Dev team.to modify the DB table directly to reflect the new DB host name and then setting the Enabled flag to TRUE. This did the trick.

Regards,
Greg

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
July's Community Spotlight Awards
This widget could not be displayed.