Views
Helpful
Replies

Using Tidal to Schedule SQL Server Jobs

letronbrantley
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My company uses the Tidal enterprise scheduler to execute SSIS packages on SQL Server 2012.  We currently call a cmd batch file from Tidal on the Windows server that hosts SQL Server 2012.  This batch file calls DTEXEC to execute the package on the server.

The problem we are having is that we do not get detailed status information from the SQL Server or Windows on the state of the package execution.  Has anyone figured out a way to pass this information from the Windows/SQL Server to Tidal?

I'm aware of the Tidal Enterprise Adapter for Microsoft SQL Server but I was wondering if anyone has been able to figure out an alternate solution.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Derrick Au
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Letron,

In your batch file, try calling dtexec package parameters.../REP levels > errors.txt to redirect your console messages, where levels can be EWI for (E)rrors, (W)arnings, (I)nformation. If blank, then defaults to (E)rrors, (W)arnings, and (P)rogress.

BR,

Derrick Au

is the Tidal Agent installed on that Windows server that hosts SQL Server 2012? if so you could call DTEXEC in CMD and pass it params

Tidal captures standard out and standard err so anything the package outputs should be in the output tab

Have you tried running DTEXEC direct w/out batch?

I would recommend powershell remoting

Invoke-Command -ComputerName <SQL2012Server> -scriptblock {DTExec.exe /File "<FullName>.dtsx"}

or

calling in a powershell script ... it gives you greater control over objects, output, exit codes (in case you use those in Tidal)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: